Nashville SC Announces Inaugural Major League Soccer Match
NASHVILLE - Nashville Soccer Club will officially welcome Major League Soccer to Nashville on Saturday, Feb. 29, hosting Atlanta United at Nissan Stadium at 7 p.m. CT for the team's inaugural MLS match. The club unveiled the news by launching their new website, www.NashvilleSC.com. Check it out!
Tickets to Nashville SC's inaugural MLS match, presented by Renasant Bank, are available through Season Ticket Memberships starting at just $425 ($25 per game). Limited inventory remains, so be sure to secure your place in history with the best seats for Feb. 29 and throughout the inaugural season, by visiting NashvilleSC.com/Tickets or calling 615-750-8800.
"We are thrilled to announce that Nashville SC's inaugural match will be played right here in Nashville in front of our hometown fans," said Nashville SC CEO Ian Ayre. "February 29th will be a historic date for our club and we look forward to showcasing the city and our supporters to the entire league during the opening weekend of Major League Soccer's 25th season."
Nashville SC will enter MLS as the league's 24th team in 2020, having earned an expansion bid to MLS on Dec. 20, 2017. During the 2020 MLS regular season, each club will play 34 games, including 17 home and 17 away matches. The complete MLS regular season schedule for 2020, along with the national television details for the U.S. and Canada, will be announced at a later date.
The marquee match-up will feature exciting stars on both sides, highlighted by Nashville SC's Hany Mukhtar playing in his first MLS match. Nashville SC will face stiff competition as Atlanta is expected to bring a roster of All-Stars including 2018 Landon Donovan MLS MVP Josef MartÃnez.
In addition to tickets, Nashville SC Season Ticket Members receive special benefits such as VIP access to exclusive year-round events and many more perks that offer a direct connection to the club. Join Nashville SC in its inaugural season in MLS, become a Season Ticket Member here or by calling a club representative at 615-750-8800.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 18, 2019
- Know Before You Go: MLS Expansion Draft at Ole Red Nashville - Nashville SC
- Washington Lawmakers Introduce Resolution Celebrating Sounders FC's 2019 MLS Cup Victory - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 18, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Extend Loan for Forward Cristian Pavon - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Unveil 2020 Heritage Link Kit on December 3 - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC Adds Defender Dave Romney - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Announces Inaugural Major League Soccer Match - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC to Host Atlanta United in Major League Soccer Debut on February 29 - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United to Open 2020 MLS Season at Nashville SC - Atlanta United FC
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands Tour Presented by Events DC Summary - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Signs Forward Jerome Kiesewetter from El Paso Locomotive FC - Inter Miami CF
- Portland to Host eMLS League Series Two in February - Portland Timbers
- SXSW to Host 2020 eMLS Cup Presented by PlayStation - MLS
- New York Red Bulls and Sky Blue FC Announce New Partnership - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Acquires Homegrown Winger Handwalla Bwana from Seattle Sounders FC
- Nashville SC Scores Three Goals, Beats FC Dallas at Nissan Stadium
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts FC Dallas in Nationally-Televised Battle
- Eight Minutes of Madness: Nashville SC's First-Half Scoring Burst Leads to Huge Win over Houston
- Doolsta's Back: Nashville SC's Pro FIFA Gamer to Return for Next Season