LA Galaxy Extend Loan for Forward Cristian Pavon
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy announced today that the club has picked up the option to extend the loan of Cristian Pavon through the 2020 MLS Regular Season. Pavon will occupy a Designated Player and International roster spot on the LA Galaxy's 2020 roster.
In just 11 MLS Regular Season games with the Galaxy last season, Pavon tallied three goals and eight assists after making his debut on Aug. 11, including a stretch that saw him tally a goal or assist in eight straight contests. In postseason play, he made an additional two appearances, scoring once.
LA originally acquired the 23-year-old forward on loan from Argentina's Club Atlético Boca Juniors earlier this year. Pavon, who played in every match for Argentina during the 2018 FIFA World Cup, joined the club after playing in Argentina's top-flight division since 2012.
The LA Galaxy will travel to South Florida to face Inter Miami CF on Saturday, March 14 in what will mark the expansion club's first Regular Season home game in their inaugural season in Major League Soccer. The game is set to kick off at 2:30 p.m. ET (11:30 a.m. PT) at Fort Lauderdale Stadium.
The five-time MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy will kick off their 25th season in Major League Soccer in Spring of 2020. The Galaxy's season opener, along with the club's entire 2020 MLS Regular Season, will be announced on a later date.
Transaction: LA Galaxy pick up the option to extend the loan of forward Cristian Pavon through the 2020 MLS Regular Season. Pavon will occupy a Designated Player and International roster spot on the LA Galaxy's 2020 roster.
Name: Cristian PavÃ³n
Weight: 143 lbs.
Born: January 21, 1996
Last Club: Boca Juniors
Birthplace: Anisacate, Argentina
Hometown: Anisacate, Argentina
Cristian Pavon Bio
Pavon has spent the majority of his career playing in Argentina's top-flight division, the Superliga, while representing Club Atlético Talleres, Club Atlético ColÃ³n and Club Atlético Boca Juniors during his time as a professional. In that span, he has amassed over 100 appearances with 60 combined goals and assists. During that time, Pavon captured the Argentine Primera DivisiÃ³n title three times while also winning a Copa Argentina and Supercopa Argentina. Internationally, the winger has made 11 appearances for the Argentina National Team, including four appearances in the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Since joining Boca Juniors in 2014, PavÃ³n made 108 first team appearances in all competitions for the Argentinian side, scoring 28 goals and adding 32 assists while helping lead his side to Argentina's Superliga title three times. During last season, the winger made 15 appearances in the Superliga with 13 starts. In addition, he has made four appearances off the bench in the Copa Libertadores. Before his time with Boca, PavÃ³n began his professional career with Club Atletico Talleres, making one first team appearance and scoring twice.
PavÃ³n has appeared for both youth and senior international teams with Argentina. In 2016, the Argentinian forward featured for his national side at the U-23 level at the 2016 Summer Olympics. A year later, PavÃ³n earned a call up senior Argentinian national squad and was eventually included in head coach Jorge Sampaoli's final roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, where he appeared in every single match for Argentina that summer.
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2020 Major League Soccer season are now available. Season Ticket Members and Galaxy fans can go to lagalaxy.com/since96 to secure their 2020 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to purchase memberships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 18, 2019
- Know Before You Go: MLS Expansion Draft at Ole Red Nashville - Nashville SC
- Washington Lawmakers Introduce Resolution Celebrating Sounders FC's 2019 MLS Cup Victory - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 18, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Extend Loan for Forward Cristian Pavon - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Unveil 2020 Heritage Link Kit on December 3 - FC Cincinnati
- Nashville SC Adds Defender Dave Romney - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Announces Inaugural Major League Soccer Match - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC to Host Atlanta United in Major League Soccer Debut on February 29 - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United to Open 2020 MLS Season at Nashville SC - Atlanta United FC
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands Tour Presented by Events DC Summary - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Signs Forward Jerome Kiesewetter from El Paso Locomotive FC - Inter Miami CF
- Portland to Host eMLS League Series Two in February - Portland Timbers
- SXSW to Host 2020 eMLS Cup Presented by PlayStation - MLS
- New York Red Bulls and Sky Blue FC Announce New Partnership - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy and Monkey Knife Fight Create Charitable Initiative for 2020 MLS Season
- LA Galaxy Remaining 2020 MLS Regular Season Schedule Announced
- LA Galaxy Downed by Colorado Rapids
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, San Jose Earthquakes 0 - Sunday, September 13, 2020
- Three Additional LA Galaxy Matches Announced for Continuation of MLS Regular Season