#MTLvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match
FC Dallas (10-10-6, 36 points) visits Montreal Impact (10-13-3, 33 points) on Saturday, August 17 at 6:30 PM at Saputo Stadium. This is the first and only meeting between the clubs this season.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #MTLvFCD
TV: 10PM (delayed broadcast) on Texas 21 and FCDTV Network
Streaming: 6:30PM at fcdallas.com/live (in DFW only)
Radio: 6:30M CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 99.1 FM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts the Houston Dynamo in the Texas Derby in a match presented by Heineken on Sunday, August 25 at 7 PM.
5 Things to Know About #MTLvFCD
North of the Border
FC Dallas' overall record against Canadian teams is 26-9-12 (.681 winning percentage) but has a 7-8-8 record in games played on the road against Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Dallas has only played one game outside the U.S. so far this season, losing 2-1 to the Vancouver Whitecaps at BC Place on May 25.
Homegrown goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez is on the verge of reaching 250 all-time saves for FC Dallas, a milestone that only three other keepers have reached. Only Mark Dodd (495), Matt Jordan (458), Dario Sala (328) have made more saves than Gonzalez (248) in FC Dallas history.
Coach of the Week
Luchi Gonzalez enters Saturday's game as the reigning MLS Coach of the Week. Gonzalez led Dallas to a barnstorming 5-3 victory over Minnesota United on Saturday, August 10 in what was FC Dallas' best offensive showing since October 22, 2017. This was Gonzalez's third Coach of the Week honor, having also been included in MLS' Team of the Week for Week 8 on April 22 and Week 16 on June 24.
About Montreal Impact
Sitting in seventh-place, Montreal is clinging on to the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. However, the Impact has lost six of its last seven games and has conceded a total of nine goals in its last two outings. Worryingly for Dallas, though, Montreal's previous match at Saputo Stadium ended in a 4-0 drubbing of first-place Philadelphia Union.
Against Montreal Impact
FC Dallas has an excellent record against Montreal, registering a 5-1-1 all-time record against the Impact. However, Dallas has had an indifferent time when playing in Montreal, posting a 1-1-1 away record. FC Dallas won 2-0 at Toyota Stadium in its last match against the Impact, with Jesse Gonzalez making six saves to earn the shutout.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 16, 2019
- Impact Hosts FC Dallas Saturday Night at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Advise Fans to Arrive Early for Saturday's Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - LA Galaxy
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Portland Timbers - Atlanta United FC
- Playoff Picture | City in the Mix - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Orlando City SC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts Toronto FC at Mapfre Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Hosts League-Leading Los Angeles FC Saturday in Sandy - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Looks to Clinch Postseason Berth on Saturday Night against Real Salt Lake - Los Angeles FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- #MTLvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Whitecaps FC to Hire Sporting Director; Global Search Underway - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Return to BBVA Stadium Under New Leadership - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Sporting Back Home Saturday to Host San Jose - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Foundation Launches Community Initiatives During COVID-19 Match Play Suspension
- FC Dallas to Broadcast Notable Matches in Club History
- Mexican National Team's 2020 U.S. Tour March Game in Arlington Cancelled
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Suspension of MLS Season
- FC Dallas Statement on the Postponement of Seattle Sounders Match on March 21 in Seattle