Real Salt Lake Hosts League-Leading Los Angeles FC Saturday in Sandy
SANDY, Utah - - Real Salt Lake is set to welcome league-leading LAFC to Rio Tinto Stadium on Saturday, August 17 at 8:00p MT as the club aims to win its fourth match in as many games. Saturday's match can be seen live on KMYU and the KSL TV app and on the radio on ESPN700.
Tickets to Saturday's match start at just $17 and can be purchased by visiting RSL.com or by calling 844.REAL.TIX.
Saturday's match will mark the second match of three straight at home for RSL as the Utah side continues its climb up the Western Conference table. RSL enters Saturday's match after claiming a dominant 3-0 victory Seattle Sounders FC on Wednesday. FW Sam Johnson marked his return to the starting 11 with the game-winning goal in the first half before MF Albert Rusnák and FW Corey Baird added goals in the second half to sink Sounders FC. The victory also marked GK Nick Rimando's 151st career shutout, RSL's eighth of 2019.
Wednesday's win also saw RSL improve upon a 6-1-3 (21 points) record since the end of the 2019 Gold Cup in June and improve its resounding home record to 9-2-1 (28 points) on the year.
RSL and LAFC's all-time regular season record falls in the favor of Saturday's visitors with LAFC holding an 3-0-0 record over RSL since 2018. The last time the sides faced one another in the regular season, LAFC claimed a stoppage time victory over RSL when Walker Zimmerman's deflected strike from distance helped LAFC to a 2-1 win at Banc of California Stadium.
How to Follow Real Salt Lake vs. LAFC - Saturday, August 17, 2019
- Coverage Begins: 7:30 p.m. MT
- Local TV: KMYU w/ David James (play-by-play), Brian Dunseth (color) & Samantha Yarock (sideline)
- Digital Streaming: KSL TV app
- English Radio: ESPN700 with Bill Riley (play-by-play) & Jay Nolly (color)
- Spanish Radio: N/A
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 16, 2019
- Impact Hosts FC Dallas Saturday Night at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Advise Fans to Arrive Early for Saturday's Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - LA Galaxy
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Portland Timbers - Atlanta United FC
- Playoff Picture | City in the Mix - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Orlando City SC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts Toronto FC at Mapfre Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Hosts League-Leading Los Angeles FC Saturday in Sandy - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Looks to Clinch Postseason Berth on Saturday Night against Real Salt Lake - Los Angeles FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- #MTLvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Whitecaps FC to Hire Sporting Director; Global Search Underway - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Return to BBVA Stadium Under New Leadership - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Sporting Back Home Saturday to Host San Jose - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Statement Regarding Mike Petke Lawsuit
- Real Salt Lake Downed 3-1 at Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Visits Minnesota United FC in Maiden Voyage to Allianz Field
- Real Salt Lake Defeats San Jose Earthquakes 1-0
- Real Salt Lake Hosts San Jose in Midweek Clash at Rio Tinto Stadium