LAFC Looks to Clinch Postseason Berth on Saturday Night against Real Salt Lake
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) travels to Sandy, Utah this weekend looking to become the first team to clinch a berth in the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs. The Black & Gold will take on Real Salt Lake on Saturday, August 17 at Rio Tinto Stadium. The match is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. PT and will be broadcast on YouTube TV, UniMás 46, ESPN 710 AM, and 980 AM "La Mera Mera'.
A win against RSL and a draw or loss by FC Dallas against Montreal Impact will secure a second consecutive trip to the postseason for the Black & Gold.
Dating back to last season, LAFC is 3-0-0 against Real Salt Lake in MLS play, including a 2-1 victory on March 23 at Banc of California Stadium earlier this year. LAFC also defeated RSL 3-0 during the Round of 16 of the U.S. Open Cup on June 20 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Last year, the Black & Gold were able to secure all six points from both regular season meetings, but RSL would earn its first-ever win over LAFC during the MLS Cup Playoffs - a 3-2 victory on November 1.
LAFC is coming off its tenth home victory of the season after downing the New York Red Bulls 4-2 on August 11. Four different players found the back of the net as the Club extended its lead atop the Supporters' Shield standings with a 17-3-4 (55 points) record.
Meanwhile, RSL jumped to fourth place in the Western Conference following a 3-0 victory over the Seattle Sounders FC on Wednesday night at Rio Tinto Stadium. Salt Lake is currently riding an eight-game unbeaten streak at home and have not suffered defeat in Utah since May 4.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 16, 2019
- Impact Hosts FC Dallas Saturday Night at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Advise Fans to Arrive Early for Saturday's Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - LA Galaxy
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Portland Timbers - Atlanta United FC
- Playoff Picture | City in the Mix - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Orlando City SC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts Toronto FC at Mapfre Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Hosts League-Leading Los Angeles FC Saturday in Sandy - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Looks to Clinch Postseason Berth on Saturday Night against Real Salt Lake - Los Angeles FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- #MTLvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Whitecaps FC to Hire Sporting Director; Global Search Underway - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Return to BBVA Stadium Under New Leadership - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Sporting Back Home Saturday to Host San Jose - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Draws Philadelphia Union 1-1 on Saturday Night
- LAFC to Play Philadelphia Union on Saturday Evening at Talen Energy Stadium
- LAFC Announces Partnership Extension with Metro
- LAFC and Sanrio Team up for Hello Kitty Giveaway on Saturday, September 21
- LAFC Draws Orlando City SC 2-2 on Saturday Night