Montreal Impact to Play Home Opener March 16
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact will play its 2013 home opener on Saturday, March 16, against Toronto FC, at Olympic Stadium. The announcement was made by MLS as part of the calendar unveiling of the home opening matches for all 19 MLS clubs.
That game will serve as the first of two matches played at Olympic Stadium to start the season.
On opening day, the Impact travels to Seattle to take on the Sounders on March 2. This will be the first time in MLS that the team plays at CenturyLink Field. In 2012, the Sounders led the league in average attendance with 43,144 spectators per game.
Times and broadcast details will be unveiled as MLS announces the rest of the schedule in the new year.
Training camp 2013
For a second consecutive year, the Montreal Impact will take part in the Walt Disney World Pro Soccer Classic tournament in Orlando, Florida, in preparation for the 2013 season, from February 9 to 23. Packages to travel to Florida are available via impactmontreal.com.
2013 season tickets are now available in seven categories, at a cost of $295, $385, $475, $580, $770 and $1070. You can assure your spot for the 2013 season by contacting the Impact's sales and services team at 514-328-3668.
2013 MLS home openers:
Saturday, March 2:
Philadelphia Union vs Sporting Kansas City (PPL Park)
FC Dallas vs Colorado Rapids (FC Dallas Stadium)
Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs Toronto FC (BC Place)
Houston Dynamo vs D.C. United (BBVA Compass Stadium)
Seattle Sounders FC vs Montreal Impact (CenturyLink Field)
Chivas USA vs Columbus Crew (The Home Depot Center)
Sunday, March 3:
LA Galaxy vs Chicago Fire (The Home Depot Center)
Portland Timbers vs New York Red Bulls (Jeld-Wen Field)
San Jose Earthquakes vs Real Salt Lake (Buck Shaw Stadium)
Saturday, March 9:
Toronto FC vs Sporting Kansas City (Rogers Centre)
D.C. United vs Real Salt Lake (RFK Stadium)
Colorado Rapids vs Philadelphia Union (Dick's Sporting Goods Park)
Chicago Fire vs New England Revolution (Toyota Park)
Saturday, March 16:
New York Red Bulls vs D.C. United (Red Bull Arena)
Sporting Kansas City vs Chicago Fire (LIVESTRONG Sporting Park)
Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids (Rio Tinto Stadium)
Montreal Impact vs Toronto FC (Olympic Stadium)
Columbus Crew vs San Jose Earthquakes (Crew Stadium)
Saturday, March 23:
New England Revolution vs FC Dallas (Gillette Stadium)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 18, 2012
- Seahawks and Sounders FC Select New Food and Beverage Provider At - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers to Visit Six Communities During Second-Annual 'Dribble Oregon' - Portland Timbers
- Red Bulls Sign Goalkeeper Ryan Meara to New Contract - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Signs Claudio Bieler as Designated Player - Sporting Kansas City
- Chivas USA Kicks off 2013 Season Hosting Columbus Crew March 2 - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- LA Galaxy to Open MLS Cup Title Defense on March 3 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Revolution to Open 2013 Home Slate March 23 - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Announces First Three Games of 2013 Campaign - D.C. United
- New York to Face Long-Time Rival D.C. United in 2013 MLS Home Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Announces 2013 MLS Regular Season Home Opener - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake to Open 2013 MLS Season on March 3 at San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Host Toronto FC for 2013 MLS Regular Season Opener - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Montreal Impact to Play Home Opener March 16 - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Host Opening Day at Toyota Park Saturday, March 9 - Chicago Fire
- Sporting KC's 2013 Home Opener Set for March 16 against Chicago - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Announces Home Openers for 2013 Regular Season - MLS
- San Jose Earthquakes to Host Real Salt Lake on Sunday, March 3 in Home Opener - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers to Face New York Red Bulls at Jeld-Wen Field in 2013 Season Opener - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo to Open 2013 MLS Season against D.C. United on March 2 at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids 2013 Home Opener Set for March 9 against Philadelphia - Colorado Rapids
- Crew to Host San Jose Earthquakes on March 16 in 2013 Home Opener - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers Acquire Mobi Fehr Through MLS Weighted Lottery - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Adds Forward Depth; Signs Brazilian Wesley "Pipico" Silva - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Parts Ways with Stephen King and Michael Chabala - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Impact Shuts out the Columbus Crew SC 3-0 at Stade Saputo
- Impact Hosts Columbus Saturday at Stade Saputo
- Midfielder Saphir Taider Called up by Algeria
- Defender Jukka Raitala Called up Again by Finland National Team
- James Pantemis and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada