D.C. United Announces First Three Games of 2013 Campaign
Washington, D.C. (December 18, 2012) - D.C. United today announced that the club will face Western Conference side Real Salt Lake on Saturday, March 9 in its home opener of the 2013 MLS regular season. The Black-and-Red will begin its 2013 campaign on the road against the Houston Dynamo on Saturday, March 2 in a rematch of the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals. In the third week of the 2013 campaign, United will take on Eastern Conference Semifinals opponent and Atlantic Cup foes the New York Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena on Saturday, March 16.
D.C. United went 12-1-4 at RFK Stadium in the 2012 regular season, notching the best home points total (40 points) in the League and finishing as the second-place team in the East. Factoring in post-season games, the Black-and-Red ended the 2012 campaign on an 18-match home-unbeaten streak. The club sold out two of its three final games in 2012, including the come-from-behind, playoff-clinching win against the Columbus Crew on October 20 and Leg 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals against Houston on November 18. In its first post-season berth since 2007, the Black-and-Red finished the season one game shy of reaching the 2012 MLS Cup.
Single game tickets are yet to go on sale and the only way to guarantee a seat for the home opener on Saturday, March 9 is through the purchase of D.C. United Season Tickets, the Half-Season Select Plan or the Four-Match Plan. For more information, please visit http://www.dcunited.com/tickets%20.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 18, 2012
- Seahawks and Sounders FC Select New Food and Beverage Provider At - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers to Visit Six Communities During Second-Annual 'Dribble Oregon' - Portland Timbers
- Red Bulls Sign Goalkeeper Ryan Meara to New Contract - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Signs Claudio Bieler as Designated Player - Sporting Kansas City
- Chivas USA Kicks off 2013 Season Hosting Columbus Crew March 2 - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- LA Galaxy to Open MLS Cup Title Defense on March 3 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Revolution to Open 2013 Home Slate March 23 - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Announces First Three Games of 2013 Campaign - D.C. United
- New York to Face Long-Time Rival D.C. United in 2013 MLS Home Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Announces 2013 MLS Regular Season Home Opener - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake to Open 2013 MLS Season on March 3 at San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Host Toronto FC for 2013 MLS Regular Season Opener - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Montreal Impact to Play Home Opener March 16 - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Host Opening Day at Toyota Park Saturday, March 9 - Chicago Fire
- Sporting KC's 2013 Home Opener Set for March 16 against Chicago - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Announces Home Openers for 2013 Regular Season - MLS
- San Jose Earthquakes to Host Real Salt Lake on Sunday, March 3 in Home Opener - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers to Face New York Red Bulls at Jeld-Wen Field in 2013 Season Opener - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo to Open 2013 MLS Season against D.C. United on March 2 at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids 2013 Home Opener Set for March 9 against Philadelphia - Colorado Rapids
- Crew to Host San Jose Earthquakes on March 16 in 2013 Home Opener - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers Acquire Mobi Fehr Through MLS Weighted Lottery - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Adds Forward Depth; Signs Brazilian Wesley "Pipico" Silva - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Parts Ways with Stephen King and Michael Chabala - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Clinch Playoff Berth After 3-1 Win against NYCFC
- D.C. United Beat Toronto 1-0 After Rooney Game-Winner
- Chris Odoi-Atsem Diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- D.C. United Beat FC Dallas 1-0 After 86th-Minute Game-Winner
- D.C. United Come from Behind to Beat Chicago 2-1 at Audi Field