D.C. United Parts Ways with Stephen King and Michael Chabala
Washington, D.C. (December 18, 2012) - D.C. United today announced that midfielder Stephen King and defender Michael Chabala are no longer with the club.
"I would like to thank Stephen and Michael for their time and hard work with D.C. United, and we as a club wish them luck," said D.C. United General Manager Dave Kasper.
Stephen King originally signed with D.C. United on April 30, 2010, and made 47 appearances (28 starts) for the club, tallying one goal and two assists. Michael Chabala was acquired from the Portland Timbers on August 9, 2012 in exchange for a natural first round selection in the 2014 MLS Supplemental Draft, and appeared in three matches (two starts) for the club.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 18, 2012
- Seahawks and Sounders FC Select New Food and Beverage Provider At - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers to Visit Six Communities During Second-Annual 'Dribble Oregon' - Portland Timbers
- Red Bulls Sign Goalkeeper Ryan Meara to New Contract - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Signs Claudio Bieler as Designated Player - Sporting Kansas City
- Chivas USA Kicks off 2013 Season Hosting Columbus Crew March 2 - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- LA Galaxy to Open MLS Cup Title Defense on March 3 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Revolution to Open 2013 Home Slate March 23 - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Announces First Three Games of 2013 Campaign - D.C. United
- New York to Face Long-Time Rival D.C. United in 2013 MLS Home Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Announces 2013 MLS Regular Season Home Opener - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake to Open 2013 MLS Season on March 3 at San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Host Toronto FC for 2013 MLS Regular Season Opener - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Montreal Impact to Play Home Opener March 16 - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Host Opening Day at Toyota Park Saturday, March 9 - Chicago Fire
- Sporting KC's 2013 Home Opener Set for March 16 against Chicago - Sporting Kansas City
- MLS Announces Home Openers for 2013 Regular Season - MLS
- San Jose Earthquakes to Host Real Salt Lake on Sunday, March 3 in Home Opener - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers to Face New York Red Bulls at Jeld-Wen Field in 2013 Season Opener - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo to Open 2013 MLS Season against D.C. United on March 2 at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids 2013 Home Opener Set for March 9 against Philadelphia - Colorado Rapids
- Crew to Host San Jose Earthquakes on March 16 in 2013 Home Opener - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers Acquire Mobi Fehr Through MLS Weighted Lottery - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Adds Forward Depth; Signs Brazilian Wesley "Pipico" Silva - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Parts Ways with Stephen King and Michael Chabala - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Beat FC Dallas 1-0 After 86th-Minute Game-Winner
- D.C. United Come from Behind to Beat Chicago 2-1 at Audi Field
- Acosta Voted MLS Player of the Month
- Defender Oniel Fisher to Undergo Knee Surgery
- D.C. United Midfielder Luciano Acosta Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week