Monsters and American Red Cross Host Blood Drive on February 20 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Monsters will join together with the American Red Cross to host a Blood Drive on Tuesday, February 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. Fans are encouraged to help make the ultimate assist in donating blood as the Red Cross continues to experience a blood shortage.
All donors from the blood drive will receive a special edition 'Make The Ultimate Assist' Monsters T-Shirt, four tickets to a future Monsters game and an Amazon gift card courtesy of the Red Cross. Appointments to give blood can be made here.
At the end of January, the Monsters teamed up with the Red Cross and Kathleen Vogelhuber to present Blood Donor Awareness Night in partnership with truenorth. The cause and blood drive were spearheaded by Kathleen, who is the wife of Head Coach Trent Vogelhuber, after witnessing her brother's life saved due to blood transfusions.
To be eligible to donate blood, donors must be at least 17 years old, meet height and weight requirements and be in generally good health. First time donors will find the entire process simple and only taking an hour out of their day. Before donating blood, donors should get a good night's sleep, drink plenty of fluid and eat within 2-3 hours. More common questions and answers about donating blood can be found here.
The Red Cross continues to experience an emergency blood shortage as severe winter weather has further impacted the ability to rebuild the blood supply. Blood donors are urged to give now to help ensure lifesaving medical procedures are not delayed.
Generous blood donors are vital to ensuring those in need of transfusions have access to critical care. As a thank-you, all those who come to give Feb. 1-29, 2024, will receive a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card by email. Visit RedCrossBlood.org/Heartfor details.
Stay up to date on all Monsters news with the Monsters Mobile App presented by University Hospitals available to download at the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Be sure to follow the Monsters on X, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2024
- Nolan Stevens Departs Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tucson Roadrunners Weekend Guide - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bears Head to Canada - Hershey Bears
- Belleville Sens Split Home Set with Comets in Return from All-Star Break - Belleville Senators
- Monsters and American Red Cross Host Blood Drive on February 20 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse - Cleveland Monsters
- Weekly Report: Clean Sweep in Cleveland - Charlotte Checkers
- Two Head to Nashville, Two Return to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- IceHogs Weekly: Loaded Week for Hogs Features Fiesta Tuesday, Eras Night, and Hat Giveaway - Rockford IceHogs
- Glenn Gawdin Named Howies Hockey Tape/AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Glenn Gawdin Named Howies Hockey Tape/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Wolf Pack Weekend Recap: February 12th, 2024 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Checkers to Host Florida Panthers Night on February 17 - Charlotte Checkers
- Raivis Ansons Reassigned to Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Embark on Homestand Welcoming Fans and Four-Legged Fans Alike
- Monsters Skate Away with Exciting 4-3 Overtime Win Against Marlies
- Late Equalizer Earns Monsters Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Bruins
- Monsters Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Bruins
- Monsters Secure 4-3 Victory Against Wolf Pack In Five-Round Shootout