Monarchs Sign Muzzin To Tryout
MANCHESTER, NH - The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have signed defenseman Jacob Muzzin to an amateur tryout agreement, Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough announced today.
Muzzin, 21, just finished his fourth season playing for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). He was tied for second in the OHL in points by a defenseman with 67, which also led his team, and also recorded 15 goals, 52 assists and 76 penalty minutes in 64 games this season with the Greyhounds. For the last two seasons, Muzzin participated in the OHL's All-Star Classic as a member of the Western Conference team.
Serving as the club's captain this season, Muzzin has recorded 118 points (28-90=118) and 196 penalty minutes through 230 games with the Greyhounds over the last four seasons. He also has nine points (1-8=9) and 12 penalty minutes in 28 playoff games.
A native of Woodstock, Ontario, the 6-foot-2, 216-pound Muzzin was originally selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the fifth-round (141st overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. He will wear No. 3 for the Monarchs.
The Monarchs return to action on Wednesday, March 31 with a 7:00 p.m. face-off with the Lowell Devils at the Tsongas Center. Catch all of the play-by-play action of Monarchs hockey with Ken Cail on the Monarchs Radio Network WGAM 900/1250 AM and at www.manchestermonarchs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2010
- Heat Edge Moose 2-1 - Abbotsford Heat
- Moose Edged By Heat, 2-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Rivermen Sign Dion Knelsen; Assign to Alaska - Peoria Rivermen
- Levasseur Recalled By Anaheim Ducks - Springfield Falcons
- Sharks Continue To Ride First Place Wave In Atlantic - Worcester Sharks
- Canadiens Sign Free Agent Brendon Nash To Two-Year Contract - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Week Twenty Seven: Moore Cowbell - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Play Three Critical Games This Week - Toronto Marlies
- Lowell Wraps Up Homestand This Week - Albany Devils
- Robert Mayer Reassigned To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Looking for Milwaukee's Best Legs - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Release Kenny Roche - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Add Coetzee and Ferraro - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Sign Jesse Gimblett to ATO Contract - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Announce Details of Brewerton and Fulton Speedway Night at the Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Sign Muzzin To Tryout - Manchester Monarchs
- Broome Sports Foundation Scholarship Presentation And Jersey Auction Set For Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Moose Split Week 26 With Bulldogs - Manitoba Moose
- Rangers Agree To Terms With Free Agent Goaltender Cameron Talbot - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Ink O'Dell - Chicago Wolves
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Heat Fall To Moose 5-2 - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.