Canadiens Sign Free Agent Brendon Nash To Two-Year Contract
MONTREAL, QC - Montreal Canadiens General Manager Pierre Gauthier announced today the signing of free agent defenceman Brendon Nash to a two-year contract (2010-2011 and 2011-2012).
Nash, who will turn 23 tomorrow, played in 33 games in 2009-2010 with Cornell University of the NCAA leading all defencemen on the team in scoring with 19 points (two goals, 17 assists) 48 penalty minutes. The native of Kamloops, British Columbia recorded a total of 67 points (eight goals, 59 assists) and 173 penalty minutes in four full seasons with the Cornell Big Red. The 6-foot-3, 206-pound blueliner led all defenceman on Cornell in scoring in each of the past three seasons. Nash participated in the Canadiens' development camp in 2009.
The Bulldogs return to Copps Coliseum to try and earn their franchise record 50th win of the season when they host their archrival the Toronto Marlies in the Hamilton Sports Hall of Fame Game on Thursday, April 1st at 7:30 p.m. Fans can listen to every 'Dogs game on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, TALK 820. Fans can also listen or watch at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com by clicking on the 'AHL Live' or 'TALK 820' icons on the Bulldogs website.
Tickets for all Hamilton Bulldogs home games are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666. For more information on 'Dogs season tickets, flex packs, mini packs and group tickets call 905-529-8500 or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2010
- Heat Edge Moose 2-1 - Abbotsford Heat
- Moose Edged By Heat, 2-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Rivermen Sign Dion Knelsen; Assign to Alaska - Peoria Rivermen
- Levasseur Recalled By Anaheim Ducks - Springfield Falcons
- Sharks Continue To Ride First Place Wave In Atlantic - Worcester Sharks
- Canadiens Sign Free Agent Brendon Nash To Two-Year Contract - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Week Twenty Seven: Moore Cowbell - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Play Three Critical Games This Week - Toronto Marlies
- Lowell Wraps Up Homestand This Week - Albany Devils
- Robert Mayer Reassigned To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Looking for Milwaukee's Best Legs - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Release Kenny Roche - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Add Coetzee and Ferraro - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Sign Jesse Gimblett to ATO Contract - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Announce Details of Brewerton and Fulton Speedway Night at the Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Sign Muzzin To Tryout - Manchester Monarchs
- Broome Sports Foundation Scholarship Presentation And Jersey Auction Set For Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Moose Split Week 26 With Bulldogs - Manitoba Moose
- Rangers Agree To Terms With Free Agent Goaltender Cameron Talbot - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Ink O'Dell - Chicago Wolves
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Heat Fall To Moose 5-2 - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.