Molina's Strong Outing Propels Bees to 5-0 Win
Burlington's Cristopher Molina threw five one hit innings Friday night, to run his record to 3-1 and lower his league leading earned run average to 1.25. The Bees beat the LumberKings in Clinton 5-0.
Kyle Tyler relieved Molina and tossed the remaining four frames. He allowed two hits, no runs and struck out four.
In the top of the second inning D. C. Arendas opened with a single center. Spencer Griffin followed with his fifth home run of the year. Bees up 2-0. Jordyn Adams continued his rise with a two for five night, including an RBI single in the fifth.
Burlington scored twice more in the sixth when Nonie Williams led off with a single to center. He stole second an out later and went to third on an error. Harrison Wenson drove him in with a double to left, his sixth two-bagger of the year. Connor Fitzsimons drove in his ninth run in the last ten games with a sacrifice fly.
That closed the scoring as Molina and Tyler held the LumberKings at bay. Tyler needed just 45 pitches to complete his four innings of relief. Of those 34 were strikes.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 25, 2019
- Cougars 14 Hit Attack Proves Too Much for Snappers - Beloit Snappers
- Rattlers Rock River Bandits 9-4 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Errors Plague Captains in 10-3 Loss - Lake County Captains
- Weber and Davis Shine as Cubs Win Marathon vs Whitecaps 10-7 - South Bend Cubs
- Timber Rattlers Even Series with 9-4 Win over Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Easy as One, Two, Three - Great Lakes Loons
- Chiefs Score Eight Runs in Ninth Inning Loss - Peoria Chiefs
- Franco, Proctor, Gregorio All Have Three Hits in 10-4 Victory - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Mejia Deals in LumberKings 5-2 Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Rodriguez Homers for 9-8 Walk-Off Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Big Bats Outpace Dragons, 10-4 - Dayton Dragons
- Hiatt Dazzles While Nuts Coast to 10-3 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Homer Twice, but Fall Just Short - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Whitecaps Lose Ninth of Ten - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- INF Freudis Nova transferred from extended spring training to Quad Cities - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 25 at Great Lakes (Game 46) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Wander Javier joins Kernels; Michael Davis activated from IL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chiefs to Host Concert on July 4 - Peoria Chiefs
- Molina's Strong Outing Propels Bees to 5-0 Win - Burlington Bees
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights: May 28-June 2 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.