MNUFC Midfielder Kevin Molino Voted MLS Player of the Week
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United FC midfielder Kevin Molino was voted the Major League Soccer Player of the Week for the final week of the 2020 MLS season.
Molino was involved in all three of Minnesota's goals in a 3-0 victory over FC Dallas at Allianz Field on Decision Day 2020 presented by AT&T, contributing two goals and an assist in Sunday's game. The Trinidad and Tobago national team member finished the regular season with nine goals and four assists. Minnesota finished the year in fourth place in the Western Conference with 34 points and 1.62 points per game (9-5-7 overall record), securing home-field advantage in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs.
Minnesota took a 1-0 lead in the 17th minute when Emanuel Reynoso sent a ball just inside the top of the box, where Molino finished with a right-footed shot to the bottom left corner of goal. Molino would then assist on Reynoso's 47th minute goal to give Minnesota a 2-0 advantage.
Molino completed his brace in the 79th minute, giving him the sixth multigoal game of his MLS career, when Reynoso found him in the center of the box for an open right-footed finish to cap the Loons' 3-0 win.
Minnesota will open the postseason when it hosts the Colorado Rapids in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs at a date and time to be announced in the coming days.
The MLS Player of the Week is selected each week of the regular season through both media and fan voting in a process conducted by MLS Communications. A panel of journalists from the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) comprises 75 percent of the vote, while a Twitter fan vote represents the remaining 25 percent of voting. NASR consists of members of print, television, radio and online media.
Please follow Minnesota United's social channels and check our website mnufc.com for regular updates on the club and the season going forward.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 9, 2020
- Timbers Forward Jaroslaw Niezgoda Undergoes Successful ACL Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 9, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Rapids Annual Charity Gala, a Burgundy Affair, to be Online, Open to the Public - Colorado Rapids
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Schedule - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes vs. Sporting KC Playoff Match Scheduled for Sunday, November 22 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Four Additional LA Galaxy Players Depart for International Duty - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Set to Host New York City FC in Round One of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls to Face Columbus Crew SC in 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match Schedule and Broadcast Details - Colorado Rapids
- To96ther We Rise: Columbus Crew Hosts New York Bulls at MAPFRE Stadium in Round One of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs on Saturday, November 21 - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers to Face FC Dallas on Sunday, November 22 in First Round of Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Faces Portland Timbers on November 22 at 9PM CT in MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match - FC Dallas
- Loons Host Colorado Rapids in Round One of 2020 Playoffs - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC to Face Seattle Sounders FC in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs on Tuesday, November 24 - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match Schedule and Broadcast Details - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC to Host San Jose on November 22 in MLS Cup Playoffs - Sporting Kansas City
- New York City FC's 2020 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal Match to Air OnÃÂ YES NetworkÃÂ and UniMas/TUDN - New York City FC
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match Schedule and Broadcast Details - Philadelphia Union
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match Schedule and Broadcast Details - MLS
- Diego Rubio Called up for Chile's November World Cup Qualifiers - Colorado Rapids
- Diego Rubio Named to MLS Team of the Week - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Midfielder Kevin Molino Voted MLS Player of the Week - Minnesota United FC
- Minnesota United FC Midfielder Kevin Molino Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Two Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Houston Dynamo Loan FW Mateo Bajamich to Instituto AC in Argentina for Offseason - Houston Dynamo
- Three Chicago Fire FC Players Called up to National Team Duty - Chicago Fire
- Victor Wanyama Joined Kenya National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions for the 2021 Season - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union Clinch Top Seed in Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - MLS
- Rave Green Claim 4-1 Decision Day Win over San Jose, as Sounders FC Locks up Second Place in the West - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- Minnesota United Select Justin McMaster, Nabilai Kibunguchy and Sean O'Hearn in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- MNUFC Midfielder Hassani Dotson Called up to U23 Team Ahead of Olympic Qualifying
- Minnesota United Sign Midfielder Wil Trapp
- MNUFC Acquires Callum Montgomery from FC Dallas in MLS Half-Day Trade Window
- MNUFC 2020 End of Season Roster Update