Rapids Annual Charity Gala, a Burgundy Affair, to be Online, Open to the Public
This year, the Colorado Rapids are hosting A Burgundy Affair a little bit differently. This season will mark the first time that the event is open to all fans and supporters at no cost.
A Burgundy Affair is one of the Rapids signature fundraising events for Kroenke Sports Charities. The end of season awards gala celebrates the achievements of the regular season both on and off the pitch, while also providing guests with exclusive access to Rapids players, coaches and alumni. All charitable donations from the evening benefit Kroenke Sports Charities community programming for children and families across Colorado.
This is the fifth annual celebration of the event. Each year, the club gives away two staff awards and eight player awards. The player awards are: MVP, Fan Favorite, Young Player of the Year, Players' Player of the Year, Defender of the Year, Golden Boot, Academy Player of the Year and Humanitarian of the Year. This year will also feature two additional awards given by our supporters group, Centennial 38.
Fans who tune in will have an opportunity to see the players in their team zoom room and hear from the winners of the various awards as they are interview by former Rapids defender and current broadcaster Marcelo Balboa.
In addition, the event will feature speeches from Executive Vice President and General Manager Padraig Smith and head coach Robin Fraser.
This year's open forum provides a unique opportunity for everyone to enjoy the entertainment and make a contribution.
"With your support of fundraising events like A Burgundy Affair, Kroenke Sports Charities and the Colorado Rapids are able to provide financial support, in-kind donations and programming to local nonprofits, schools and community partners across Colorado," said Caitlin Kinser, senior director of community relations.
The gala will begin at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, November 10. Fans can tune in on the Colorado Rapids YouTube page or on ColoradoRapids.com/LIVE.
With your support, the club is able to assist, encourage and enrich the lives of those in need through the power of sports.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 9, 2020
- Timbers Forward Jaroslaw Niezgoda Undergoes Successful ACL Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 9, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Rapids Annual Charity Gala, a Burgundy Affair, to be Online, Open to the Public - Colorado Rapids
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Schedule - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes vs. Sporting KC Playoff Match Scheduled for Sunday, November 22 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Four Additional LA Galaxy Players Depart for International Duty - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Set to Host New York City FC in Round One of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Orlando City SC
- New York Red Bulls to Face Columbus Crew SC in 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match Schedule and Broadcast Details - Colorado Rapids
- To96ther We Rise: Columbus Crew Hosts New York Bulls at MAPFRE Stadium in Round One of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs on Saturday, November 21 - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers to Face FC Dallas on Sunday, November 22 in First Round of Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Faces Portland Timbers on November 22 at 9PM CT in MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match - FC Dallas
- Loons Host Colorado Rapids in Round One of 2020 Playoffs - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC to Face Seattle Sounders FC in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs on Tuesday, November 24 - Los Angeles FC
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match Schedule and Broadcast Details - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC to Host San Jose on November 22 in MLS Cup Playoffs - Sporting Kansas City
- New York City FC's 2020 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal Match to Air OnÃÂ YES NetworkÃÂ and UniMas/TUDN - New York City FC
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match Schedule and Broadcast Details - Philadelphia Union
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match Schedule and Broadcast Details - MLS
- Diego Rubio Called up for Chile's November World Cup Qualifiers - Colorado Rapids
- Diego Rubio Named to MLS Team of the Week - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Midfielder Kevin Molino Voted MLS Player of the Week - Minnesota United FC
- Minnesota United FC Midfielder Kevin Molino Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Two Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Houston Dynamo Loan FW Mateo Bajamich to Instituto AC in Argentina for Offseason - Houston Dynamo FC
- Three Chicago Fire FC Players Called up to National Team Duty - Chicago Fire FC
- Victor Wanyama Joined Kenya National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions for the 2021 Season - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union Clinch Top Seed in Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - MLS
- Rave Green Claim 4-1 Decision Day Win over San Jose, as Sounders FC Locks up Second Place in the West - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Rapids Begin Three-Game Homestand on Sunday vs. Vancouver
- Keys against Vancouver: Score Twice (Or More), Slow Ryan Gauld
- Rapids Draw Portland 2-2 in Back-And-Forth Contest
- Rapids Visit Portland for Midweek Clash against Timbers
- Week 24: Michael Barrios Named to Team of the Week Again