MLS Season Postponed for Eight Weeks
MONTREAL - Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendation to postpone events with more than 50 people for the next eight weeks, MLS announced Thursday that it extended the MLS regular season suspension during this period.
During this period of suspension, the Impact was set to play at Stade Saputo on April 18 and May 2, at 1pm. These games are therefore postponed to a later date.
All tickets emitted for these games will be valid and honoured on the newly determined date, including those of season-ticket holders.
MLS and the Montreal Impact will communicate upcoming developments as soon as possible.
For more information, you can visit impactmontreal.com and contact the club via [email protected] or at 514-328-3668.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Team Updates - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Invites Fans to Relive Top Matches in Club History with Special Broadcasts Each Saturday Evening - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Statement on NYCFC Confirmed Case of COVID-19 - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC Sporting Department Confirms First Case of COVID-19 - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF Ticket FAQs - Inter Miami CF
- Whitecaps FC Statement on Extending the Suspension of MLS Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sounders FC Statement on Major League Soccer Announcement - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Announces Further Postponement - New York City FC
- Club Statement: MLS Extends Postponement - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls Club Statement: March 19, 2020 - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Statement - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF, MLS Statement on CDC Recommendation - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Season Postponed for Eight Weeks - Montreal Impact
- Major League Soccer Extends Season Postponement - MLS
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Montreal Impact Foundation Teams up with Conquer COVID-19 and Donnez La Protection to Get PPE to Healthcare Workers
- Players Will Have Access to Centre Nutrilait for Individual Training
- Midfielder Steeven Saba Suffers Broken Left Foot
- First Confirmed Case of Covid-19 in Club Entourage
- Montreal Impact Statement