Club Statement: MLS Extends Postponement
WASHINGTON - Major League Soccer has announced it will extend the postponement of league matches following the guidance of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to postpone events involving more than 50 people over the next eight weeks. The League remains focused on playing the 2020 season in full, as all options are being evaluated, including pushing back the end of the season and playing MLS Cup in December, as the league did prior to the 2019 season.
D.C. United continues to support the League and its most recent decision, as the health and safety of our supporters, players and staff remains our number one priority. We will continue to provide updates on rescheduled matches and the full season schedule as they become available and thank you for your support.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Team Updates - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Invites Fans to Relive Top Matches in Club History with Special Broadcasts Each Saturday Evening - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Statement on NYCFC Confirmed Case of COVID-19 - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC Sporting Department Confirms First Case of COVID-19 - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF Ticket FAQs - Inter Miami CF
- Whitecaps FC Statement on Extending the Suspension of MLS Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sounders FC Statement on Major League Soccer Announcement - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Announces Further Postponement - New York City FC
- Club Statement: MLS Extends Postponement - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls Club Statement: March 19, 2020 - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Statement - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF, MLS Statement on CDC Recommendation - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Season Postponed for Eight Weeks - Club de Foot Montreal
- Major League Soccer Extends Season Postponement - MLS
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- Major League Soccer Preseason Schedule Update
- D.C. United Unveil the New Exclusive adidas Marble Jersey Ahead of 2021 Season
- D.C. United Appoint Mateus Manoel as Head of Performance
- D.C. United Sign Defender Michael DeShields
- D.C. United Appoint Nicolas Frutos as Assistant Coach