New York Red Bulls Statement on NYCFC Confirmed Case of COVID-19
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls are aware of New York City FC's announcement that a member of the NYCFC sporting department has tested positive for novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
At this time, we have informed staff members who worked the New York City FC - Tigres UANL Concacaf Champions League match at Red Bull Arena last Wednesday. In consultation with club medical officials, it has been determined that our staff working the match were at low risk for exposure, given the limited interaction with NYCFC personnel and the time between the match and beginning of symptoms. We will continue to monitor and take all necessary precautions.
Before the postponement of the MLS season, we had increased the pre- and post-event cleaning processes at Red Bull Arena. All areas of Red Bull Arena were thoroughly cleaned after this match, and due to work from home protocols, most staff did not go back to work at Red Bull Arena after Wednesday night's match.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Team Updates - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Invites Fans to Relive Top Matches in Club History with Special Broadcasts Each Saturday Evening - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Statement on NYCFC Confirmed Case of COVID-19 - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC Sporting Department Confirms First Case of COVID-19 - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF Ticket FAQs - Inter Miami CF
- Whitecaps FC Statement on Extending the Suspension of MLS Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sounders FC Statement on Major League Soccer Announcement - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Announces Further Postponement - New York City FC
- Club Statement: MLS Extends Postponement - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls Club Statement: March 19, 2020 - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Statement - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF, MLS Statement on CDC Recommendation - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Season Postponed for Eight Weeks - Montreal Impact
- Major League Soccer Extends Season Postponement - MLS
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Return to Individual Training
- New York Red Bulls Announce Youth Programs Partnership with Centercourt FC
- New York Red Bulls Update on Red Bulls Academy
- Aaron Long to Represent New York Red Bulls in eMLS Tournament Special on FS1 and Fox Deportes
- New York Red Bulls Statement on NYCFC Confirmed Case of COVID-19