Sounders FC Statement on Major League Soccer Announcement
SEATTLE, WASH. - In accordance with this morning's Major League Soccer announcement that the league's suspension has been extended to adhere to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's guidelines, Seattle Sounders FC's matches for the next eight weeks have been suspended. Earlier this week, the CDC advised the postponement of events involving more than 50 people over the next eight weeks.
MLS remains focused on playing the entire 2020 season and is evaluating all options, including pushing back the end of the season and playing MLS Cup in December, as the league did prior to the 2019 season. The league is also identifying other available dates. Throughout this process, MLS will continue to prioritize the safety of fans, players, employees and partners and to coordinate with federal and local public health authorities as well as other sporting organizations. Seattle Sounders FC remains supportive of these efforts in the fight against COVID-19.
Ticket holder information, general questions and the most up-to-date information can be found in the FAQs section of SoundersFC.com/covid-19.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Team Updates - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Invites Fans to Relive Top Matches in Club History with Special Broadcasts Each Saturday Evening - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Statement on NYCFC Confirmed Case of COVID-19 - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC Sporting Department Confirms First Case of COVID-19 - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF Ticket FAQs - Inter Miami CF
- Whitecaps FC Statement on Extending the Suspension of MLS Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sounders FC Statement on Major League Soccer Announcement - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Announces Further Postponement - New York City FC
- Club Statement: MLS Extends Postponement - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls Club Statement: March 19, 2020 - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Statement - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF, MLS Statement on CDC Recommendation - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Season Postponed for Eight Weeks - Montreal Impact
- Major League Soccer Extends Season Postponement - MLS
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Celebrate the Career of Legend Kasey Keller on this Week's "Sounders FC Classics" Broadcast, Presented by WaFd Bank
- Sounders FC Captain Nicolas Lodeiro and Frontline Worker Representatives Hoist Space Needle Flag as Part of "All in WA"
- SEAvPDX Week Concludes Tomorrow Night with a Seattle-Portland Battle on "Sounders FC Classics," Presented by Zulily
- 2020 Sounders FC Soccer Analytics Conference Presented by Zulily Concludes Tomorrow
- Sounders FC and Portland Timbers Announce Special "SEAvPDX Week" to Recognize Rivalry with Unique Content and Activities