New England Revolution Statement
The New England Revolution's highest priority during this time remains safeguarding the health and well-being of the club's fans, players, coaches, and employees. The Revolution are in full support of Major League Soccer's decision to extend the suspension of match play in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's guidance to suspend public gatherings involving 50 people over the next eight weeks.
The club remains in close communication with local, state, and federal constituents to determine safe protocols and develop the appropriate course for future Revolution games and events. The Revolution look forward to resuming the MLS season and playing a full slate of games as soon as it is prudent to do so.
Major League Soccer Statement on CDC Recommendation
NEW YORK - In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's guidance to postpone events involving more than 50 people over the next eight weeks, Major League Soccer has extended the postponement of its matches during this period of time. MLS remains focused on playing the entire 2020 season and is evaluating all options, including pushing back the end of the season and playing MLS Cup in December, as the league did prior to the 2019 season. The league is also identifying other available dates. Throughout this process, MLS will continue to prioritize the safety of our fans, players, employees and partners and to coordinate with federal and local public health authorities as well as other sporting organizations.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Team Updates - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Invites Fans to Relive Top Matches in Club History with Special Broadcasts Each Saturday Evening - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Statement on NYCFC Confirmed Case of COVID-19 - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC Sporting Department Confirms First Case of COVID-19 - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF Ticket FAQs - Inter Miami CF
- Whitecaps FC Statement on Extending the Suspension of MLS Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sounders FC Statement on Major League Soccer Announcement - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Announces Further Postponement - New York City FC
- Club Statement: MLS Extends Postponement - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls Club Statement: March 19, 2020 - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Statement - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF, MLS Statement on CDC Recommendation - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Season Postponed for Eight Weeks - Club de Foot Montreal
- Major League Soccer Extends Season Postponement - MLS
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- New England Revolution and Gillette Stadium Ready to Welcome Fans for 2021 Major League Soccer Season
- Revolution Alumni Announced as Finalists for National Soccer Hall of Fame Class of 2021
- New England Revolution Launches Remote Training Team
- New England Revolution Make Two Selections in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- New England Revolution and Defender Alexander Buttner Part Ways