New York Red Bulls Club Statement: March 19, 2020
We are in full support of Major League Soccer's decision to further postpone the season. We continue to work closely with MLS, United Soccer League, state and local officials, and health authorities to ensure we remain on the best course of action for fans, players, staff, and our general community.
We are following the recommendations to stay home and limit social interactions and urge our community to join us in an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Major League Soccer Statement on CDC Recommendation
NEW YORK - In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's guidance to postpone events involving more than 50 people over the next eight weeks, Major League Soccer has extended the postponement of its matches during this period of time. MLS remains focused on playing the entire 2020 season and is evaluating all options, including pushing back the end of the season and playing MLS Cup in December, as the league did prior to the 2019 season. The league is also identifying other available dates. Throughout this process, MLS will continue to prioritize the safety of our fans, players, employees and partners and to coordinate with federal and local public health authorities as well as other sporting organizations.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Team Updates - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Invites Fans to Relive Top Matches in Club History with Special Broadcasts Each Saturday Evening - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Statement on NYCFC Confirmed Case of COVID-19 - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC Sporting Department Confirms First Case of COVID-19 - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF Ticket FAQs - Inter Miami CF
- Whitecaps FC Statement on Extending the Suspension of MLS Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sounders FC Statement on Major League Soccer Announcement - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Announces Further Postponement - New York City FC
- Club Statement: MLS Extends Postponement - D.C. United
- New York Red Bulls Club Statement: March 19, 2020 - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Statement - New England Revolution
- Inter Miami CF, MLS Statement on CDC Recommendation - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Season Postponed for Eight Weeks - Club de Foot Montreal
- Major League Soccer Extends Season Postponement - MLS
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Statement from General Manager Marc De Grandpre
- New York Red Bulls Launch 1Beat Kit
- New York Red Bulls Sign Academy Product Bento Estrela
- New York Red Bulls Add Brazilian Forward Fabio Roberto Gomes Netto on Loan from Oeste FC
- New York Red Bulls Add Tom Edwards on Loan from Stoke City