MLB Jr. Home Run Derby Saturday at Appalachian Power Park
The West Virginia Power, in conjunction with MLB, will host a free Jr. Home Run Derby competition at Appalachian Power Park for local area youth on Saturday, April 27, following their game against the Asheville Tourists.
Rules and Regulations:
All participants must bring their own bats, helmets and batting gloves, as those will not be supplied by the team. In addition, there are three simple restrictions on all bats:
- Bats CANNOT be greater than 34 inches in length - Bats CANNOT have a barrel greater than 2 5/8 inches in diameter (2 3/4 inches is NOT permissible) - Non-wood bats MUST have the USA Baseball stamp, BBCOR stamp or be labeled with a BPF of 1.15 or less.
Anyone under the age of 14 is permitted to sign up for the Derby. Participants must come to the ballpark Saturday, April 27, to sign up, and must bring a copy of their birth certificate with them. A parent/guardian must also be present to fill out a registration/waiver form before the competition begins. Every kid that signs up will receive a free ticket to that day's Power home game.
Divisions and Distances:
- 12 and under: Must be born after July 18, 2006. 170-foot home run distance - 14 and under: Must be born between July 18, 2004 and July 17, 2006. 200-foot home run distance
Time of Home Run Derby: The Home Run Derby will immediately follow the game, which is scheduled for a 2:05 p.m. first pitch.
For more information, please contact Hannah Frenchick at 304-344-2287 or via e-mail at email@example.com .
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from April 23, 2019
- Late Eruption Backs 'Birds in Shutout - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Braves Bats Silenced in 3-2 Loss to BlueClaws - Rome Braves
- Rhythm Eludes RiverDogs in Second Straight Loss - Charleston RiverDogs
- Lackey Strong But Tourists Still Fall Short - Asheville Tourists
- Rheams Goes Yard, Extends Hit Streak in Charleston - Columbia Fireflies
- Legends Fall in Game Two to Grasshoppers - Lexington Legends
- BlueClaws Topple Rome 3-2 on Tuesday for Second Straight Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Drive and Suns Suspended on Tuesday - Greenville Drive
- Hickory Pitches Their Way to 3-2 Victory - Augusta GreenJackets
- Pair of Homers Propel 'Dads to Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Game Suspended in 3rd, Doubleheader April 24 - Hagerstown Suns
- Fireflies Game Notes: April 23 at West Virginia (Game 18) - Columbia Fireflies
- MLB Jr. Home Run Derby Saturday at Appalachian Power Park - West Virginia Power
- July 3rd Tickets Go on Sale Tomorrow at Noon - Asheville Tourists
- Rohlman Named South Atlantic League Player of the Week - Lexington Legends
- Power Set to Host Home Run Derby Saturday - West Virginia Power
- Game Notes (April 23) - West Virginia Power
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.