Drive and Suns Suspended on Tuesday
HAGERSTOWN, W.Va. - The Greenville Drive built a 4-3 lead over the Hagerstown Suns on Tuesday night at Municipal Stadium when the rain came, forcing the game to be suspended with two outs in the bottom of the third. The two will resume the game on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m. Game three of the series will now be a seven-inning contest and take place 30 minutes after the conclusion of the resumption.
The Suns managed to get on the board first, putting two runs across in the opening frame. Cody Wilson opened the inning with a solo home run to center. Gilbert Lara got an RBI double to right later in the inning to make it 2-0 game.
Greenville answered with three runs in the top of the second. Triston Casas doubled to lead off the inning and Marino Campana followed with a homer to center, his first of the year coming in his second game with the Drive. Two batters later, Alan Marrero drove one out of the park to center for his second homer of the season, giving the Drive a 3-2 lead.
Both teams managed a run in the third. Korby Batesole led off the inning for the Drive with a single to center and Casas doubled for the second time in the game to bring him in and make it a 4-2 game. In the bottom half, back-to-back singles by Lara and KJ Harrison combined with a Drive error put runners at second and third. A RBI groundout by Justin Connell brought home Lara to cut it to 4-3 when the game was halted.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from April 23, 2019
- Late Eruption Backs 'Birds in Shutout - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Braves Bats Silenced in 3-2 Loss to BlueClaws - Rome Braves
- Rhythm Eludes RiverDogs in Second Straight Loss - Charleston RiverDogs
- Lackey Strong But Tourists Still Fall Short - Asheville Tourists
- Rheams Goes Yard, Extends Hit Streak in Charleston - Columbia Fireflies
- Legends Fall in Game Two to Grasshoppers - Lexington Legends
- BlueClaws Topple Rome 3-2 on Tuesday for Second Straight Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Drive and Suns Suspended on Tuesday - Greenville Drive
- Hickory Pitches Their Way to 3-2 Victory - Augusta GreenJackets
- Pair of Homers Propel 'Dads to Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Game Suspended in 3rd, Doubleheader April 24 - Hagerstown Suns
- Fireflies Game Notes: April 23 at West Virginia (Game 18) - Columbia Fireflies
- MLB Jr. Home Run Derby Saturday at Appalachian Power Park - West Virginia Power
- July 3rd Tickets Go on Sale Tomorrow at Noon - Asheville Tourists
- Rohlman Named South Atlantic League Player of the Week - Lexington Legends
- Power Set to Host Home Run Derby Saturday - West Virginia Power
- Game Notes (April 23) - West Virginia Power
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Drive Stories
- Greenville Drive Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
- Drive Recognized with Multiple South Atlantic League Awards
- Drive Drop Home Finale to GreenJackets
- Third Inning Pushes GreenJackets Past Drive
- Sixth, Seventh Innings Power Drive to Win over GreenJackets