Mitch Creek Signs 10-Day Contract with Brooklyn Nets
LONG ISLAND - Long Island Nets forward Mitch Creek has signed a 10-day contract with the Brooklyn Nets. The call-up is the fourth in Long Island Nets history and the first for the team this season.
Creek (6'6", 225) has appeared in 25 games (20 starts) for Long Island this season, recording averages of 14.4 points, 5.4 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.0 steals in 30.6 minutes per contest while shooting 54.8 percent (138-of-252) from the field. Prior to joining Long Island, Creek signed with Brooklyn on Aug. 20 and spent the 2018 preseason with Brooklyn before being waived on Oct. 12.
The 26-year-old previously spent eight seasons playing internationally for Adelaide of the Australian National Basketball League (2010-18) and BG Gottingen of the German Basketball League (2018). Overall, the Australian native appeared in 200 games (101 starts) for Adelaide, averaging 9.4 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 21.0 minutes per contest. In 2017-18, Creek was named to the All-NBL Second Team after guiding Adelaide to the finals of the NBL playoffs. He concluded the season ranked second on his team in points (14.8) and steals (1.2), third in rebounds (6.0) and fourth in assists (2.6). He then averaged 11.9 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 21.4 minutes per game in seven games for BG Gottingen. Creek also won a gold medal in international competition in 2017 while representing Australia in the FIBA Asia Cup in Lebanon.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 25, 2019
- Second Half Turns Sour for Suns in Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Drive Fall to Go-Go in DC - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hartenstein's 32 Points Earn Vipers Win over Austin - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Fall Short of Sioux Falls - Delaware Blue Coats
- Charge Fall to Herd 117-105 - Canton Charge
- Magic Stung by Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Hustle Can't Knock off Knicks - Memphis Hustle
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Stars Unveil Donovan Mitchell Bobblehead - Salt Lake City Stars
- Mitch Creek Signs 10-Day Contract with Brooklyn Nets - Long Island Nets
- Stockton Kings Defeat Iowa Wolves in Overtime Nail Biter, 120-117 - Stockton Kings
- Bennett's Game Winner Lifts Clippers over Stars in OT - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Fall in Overtime to Clippers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Goes Down in Overtime Thriller against Stockton - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Plays Memphis on Frontend of Back to Back - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Will Davis II in Trade with Capital City
- Long Island Nets Acquire Josh Newkirk
- Theo Pinson and Alan Williams Selected to Midseason All-NBA G League East Team
- Mitch Creek Rejoins Long Island Nets
- Suspended Game Between Long Island Nets and Erie BayHawks Rescheduled for March 13