Blue Coats Fall Short of Sioux Falls
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (10-16), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, dropped an up-and-down affair to the Sioux Falls Skyforce (21-10), 134-123, on Friday night in the second-ever game at the all-new 76ers Fieldhouse in Wilmington.
Cameron Oliver led all scorers with a career-high 28 points on 11-14 shooting, including 2-2 from three-point range and 4-4 at the free throw line. Oliver finished with a double-double, adding 14 rebounds in 30 minutes of action.
Rashad Vaughn made his first start as a Blue Coat and tallied 27 points (10-17 fg, 2-5 3fg, 5-6 ft), four rebounds and four assists in 31 minutes. Jared Brownridge added 23 points (7-16 fg, 4-12 3fg, 5-6 ft) in 36 minutes.
Sioux Falls took a 69-59 lead into the halftime break.
Miami HEAT two-way contract player Duncan Robinson posted a team-high tying 23 points (6-11 fg, 3-5 3fg, 8-9 ft) in 40 minutes for the Skyforce. Raphiael Putney also scored 23 points (8-15 fg, 5-12 3fg, 2-3 ft), with his total coming in 30 minutes off the bench. Emanuel Terry contributed 16 of his 20 points (10-12 fg, 0-4 ft) in the first half.
The Blue Coats conclude a home back-to-back at 76ers Fieldhouse on Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. against the Greensboro Swarm.
"I think that's kind of the beauty of it, in some respects," said head coach Connor Johnson. "You get to come back around, do it again, and give yourself another chance. We're excited that we don't have to think about this one too long. We can get back and get ready to play Greensboro tomorrow."
For information on tickets, please visit SIXERS.COM/BlueCoats.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 25, 2019
- Second Half Turns Sour for Suns in Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Drive Fall to Go-Go in DC - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hartenstein's 32 Points Earn Vipers Win over Austin - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Fall Short of Sioux Falls - Delaware Blue Coats
- Charge Fall to Herd 117-105 - Canton Charge
- Magic Stung by Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Hustle Can't Knock off Knicks - Memphis Hustle
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Stars Unveil Donovan Mitchell Bobblehead - Salt Lake City Stars
- Mitch Creek Signs 10-Day Contract with Brooklyn Nets - Long Island Nets
- Stockton Kings Defeat Iowa Wolves in Overtime Nail Biter, 120-117 - Stockton Kings
- Bennett's Game Winner Lifts Clippers over Stars in OT - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Fall in Overtime to Clippers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Goes Down in Overtime Thriller against Stockton - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Plays Memphis on Frontend of Back to Back - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Premium Group Dates Announced for 2019-20 Blue Coats Season
- Coat Check | Catching up with Haywood Highsmith
- Delaware Blue Coats Issue Statements from Matt Lilly and Elton Brand
- Delaware Blue Coats' Norvel Pelle Named to 2018-19 NBA G League All-Defensive Team
- Blue Coats Pinch Red Claws in Final Game of Season