Iowa Goes Down in Overtime Thriller against Stockton
Stockton, Calif. - The Iowa Wolves (9-22) dropped their sixth straight game Thursday evening, falling to the Stockton Kings (17-11) 120-117 in overtime.
With possession of the ball and a three-point lead with 5.4 seconds remaining in regulation, Iowa would turn the ball over on the ensuing inbounds pass and give up the game-tying three-point basket to Reggie Hearn with 0.7 seconds remaining.
Darius Johnson-Odom sank the potential game-winning shot in the next possession for Iowa, but the basket was waived off, releasing the ball moments after the sounding buzzer.
Johnson-Odom finished with a game-high 28 points while shooting 11-of-23 from the floor.
Denver Nuggets two-way transfer Brandon Goodwin finished with 22 points, 10 rebounds and three assists, marking his second double-double in as many games for Iowa.
The back-and-forth battle included 12 lead changes and two high-powered offenses on display. Iowa shot 48.8% from the field, including 38.7% (12-of-31) from deep.
Jonathan Stark tallied 15 points off the bench for the Wolves before leaving the game due to injury in the second half.
Troy Williams and Cameron Reynolds each finished with 19 points for the Kings, who earned their first home overtime victory of the season.
Iowa continues its six-game road trip tomorrow night against the South Bay Lakers at 9:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 25, 2019
- Second Half Turns Sour for Suns in Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Drive Fall to Go-Go in DC - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hartenstein's 32 Points Earn Vipers Win over Austin - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Fall Short of Sioux Falls - Delaware Blue Coats
- Charge Fall to Herd 117-105 - Canton Charge
- Magic Stung by Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Hustle Can't Knock off Knicks - Memphis Hustle
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Stars Unveil Donovan Mitchell Bobblehead - Salt Lake City Stars
- Mitch Creek Signs 10-Day Contract with Brooklyn Nets - Long Island Nets
- Stockton Kings Defeat Iowa Wolves in Overtime Nail Biter, 120-117 - Stockton Kings
- Bennett's Game Winner Lifts Clippers over Stars in OT - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Fall in Overtime to Clippers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Goes Down in Overtime Thriller against Stockton - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Plays Memphis on Frontend of Back to Back - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island