Hustle Can't Knock off Knicks
White Plains, N.Y. - The Memphis Hustle dropped its Friday night meeting with the Westchester Knicks by a score of 108-97. The second quarter proved to be the difference, with Westchester outscoring the Hustle 29-16 and ending the first half on a 14-0 run to take a 55-44 lead into the break. The lead changed 19 times before the Knicks led for the rest of the game and by as many as 27.
The Hustle shot 50 percent from the field (38-76 FG) but turned the ball over 21 times while the Knicks committed just nine turnovers. Westchester owned a 29-10 advantage in points off turnovers.
Two-way player Yuta Watanabe led the way for Memphis with 23 points and seven rebounds. Dusty Hannahs scored 21 points off the bench on 7-of-9 shooting (5-7 3P). Doral Moore scored 12 points while Tyler Harvey contributed 11 points.
Kadeem Allen and Billy Garrett led the Knicks with 20 points each. Garrett shot 7-of-11 from the field, including 3-of-4 from beyond the arc. Sekou Wiggs and Jameel Warney had 14 points apiece for Westchester.
The Hustle conclude a four-game road trip, meeting the Maine Red Claws on Saturday, Jan. 26 at 6 p.m. CT. The team returns to Landers Center on Wednesday, January 30 at 10:30 a.m. for the team's annual Financial Literacy Education Day Game. Tickets are still available starting at $10 each and fans wishing to attend can purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com, the Landers Center Box Office, online at MemphisHustle.com or by calling (901) 888-HOOP.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 25, 2019
- Second Half Turns Sour for Suns in Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Drive Fall to Go-Go in DC - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hartenstein's 32 Points Earn Vipers Win over Austin - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Fall Short of Sioux Falls - Delaware Blue Coats
- Charge Fall to Herd 117-105 - Canton Charge
- Magic Stung by Swarm - Lakeland Magic
- Hustle Can't Knock off Knicks - Memphis Hustle
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Stars Unveil Donovan Mitchell Bobblehead - Salt Lake City Stars
- Mitch Creek Signs 10-Day Contract with Brooklyn Nets - Long Island Nets
- Stockton Kings Defeat Iowa Wolves in Overtime Nail Biter, 120-117 - Stockton Kings
- Bennett's Game Winner Lifts Clippers over Stars in OT - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Fall in Overtime to Clippers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Iowa Goes Down in Overtime Thriller against Stockton - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Plays Memphis on Frontend of Back to Back - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Hustle Guard Tarik Phillip Signs with Washington Wizards
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Dusty Hannahs to 10-Day Contract
- Rio Grande Valley Gets Red-Hot from Three-Point Range to Eliminate Hustle from G League Playoffs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Hustle Budweiser Watch Party for Friday's Playoff Game at Buffalo Wild Wings in Southaven
- Strowbridge's Dagger Sends Hustle to Conference Semifinals