Missions Beat Chasers 9-2
SAN ANTONIO, TX - After San Antonio scored 2 runs in the first inning Omaha tied it up in the second and keep it close until the seventh when the Missions blow the game open by scoring five runs on four hits at Nelson Wolff Stadium.
1B Ryan O'Hearn (1-4, 1 R, 1 H, 1 RBI, 1 HR) blasted a solo home run to right center fields off of LHP Drew Smyly (5.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K). Later in the inning, DH Chase d'Arnuad (1-4, 1 H, 1 RBI) was driven in by a triple from Elier Hernandez .
The Missions' LF Cory Spangenberg (3-4, 3 H, 2 R, 5 RBI, 1 HR) drove in 5 runs, including a two-run longball in the first inning. 2B Nate Orf (1-2, 1 H, 3 R, 0 RBI) was productive against Chasers pitching by getting on base three times and coming across the plate each of those times.
RHP Scott Blewett (5-7) takes the loss after pitching four and two-thirds innings while Smyly (1-0), who was recently acquired from the Rangers organization gets the win.
The two teams are set to play their second of a four-game series tomorrow night at 7:05pm CST. The Storm Chasers return home on Monday to play their first of a four-game series against the New Orleans Baby Cakes.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Memphis Battles, Ends on Wrong End of Opener against Oklahoma City - Memphis Redbirds
- Express Fight Back to Top Cubs 6-4 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Missions Beat Chasers 9-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 'Cakes Return to Action, Lose in Nashville - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Crush Baby Cakes to Start Homestand - Nashville Sounds
- Spangenberg's Big Night Propels Flying Chanclas to Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-54) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (38-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (38-51) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (49-41) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio vs Omaha Cazadores de Tormentas - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 11, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Rank Top-25 in Minor League Baseball in Licensed Merchandise Sales - Tacoma Rainiers
- Round Rock Express Partner with New York Yankees Legend Bernie Williams to Raise Awareness of IPF - Round Rock Express
- Round Rock Express 2019 "Team Member for a Day" Announced - Round Rock Express
- PCL Wins 2019 RMHC Triple-A All-Star Game - El Paso Chihuahuas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- "Why I Want to Go to College" Writing Contest Winners Announced
- Chasers Charities Announces Robinson Scholarship Winners
- Drive-In Fireworks Return to Werner Park on May 9
- Storm Chasers Join MiLB CommUNITY First Campaign
- Werner Park to be Ready for Opening Night