Miami Heat Sign Squadron Forward Zylan Cheatham
BIRMINGAHM, Ala. - The Miami HEAT announced today that the team has signed forward Zylan Cheatham to a 10-day contract using the COVID-Related Hardship Allowance. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Cheatham is now the third Squadron player to receive a Gatorade Call-Up this season.
Cheatham has started in 13 games with the Birmingham Squadron this season and averaged 14.2 points, 10.5 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.15 steals and 30.6 minutes while shooting 48.7 percent from the field, 42.9 percent from three-point range and 80.6 percent from the foul line. His team-high 136 boards are currently the fifth-most in the G League, and he is only one of two players in the G League averaging double-figure rebounds while shooting at least 40 percent from three-point range. Additionally, he has led Birmingham in rebounds nine times, blocks three times, steals on three occasions and points once.
Cheatham previously signed a two-way contract with the New Orleans Pelicans on July 24, 2019, appearing in four games totaling 12 points, nine rebounds, three assists, a steal and a block while shooting 66.7 percent (6-of-9) from the field. The Arizona State product has appeared in 62 career G League games (58 starts) and averaged 14.4 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 31.7 minutes while shooting .515 from the field.
The Heat are scheduled to play the Detroit Pistons at home tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m. ET. Cheatham will wear number 45 for the Heat.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 22, 2021
- Sacramento Kings Sign Ade Murkey to 10-Day Contract - Stockton Kings
- Stockton Kings Hold off Cleveland Charge in Final NBA G League Winter Showcase Game - Stockton Kings
- Stars Roll Past Magic, Finish Showcase 2-0 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Nets Unable to Hold off Clippers at 2021 NBA G League Winter Showcase - Long Island Nets
- Iowa Wolves Close Winter Show Case with 113-101 Win over Greensboro - Iowa Wolves
- Miami Heat Sign Squadron Forward Zylan Cheatham - Birmingham Squadron
- Legends Fall Short in Reach for Skyhawks - Texas Legends
- Blue Drop Vipers in OT Thriller to Advance in Showcase Cup - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Advances to Showcase Cup Championship Game - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mavericks Call up Agua Caliente Wing George King - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Hawks Call-Up Squadron Forward Malcolm Hill - Birmingham Squadron
- Tre Scott Gets NBA Call-Up from Cleveland Cavaliers - Cleveland Charge
- Knicks Close out Showcase on High Note; Top Capitanes by 10 - Westchester Knicks
- Force Completes Comeback, Defeats Kings 91-87 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stars Deadly from Deep, Cruise Past Charge - Salt Lake City Stars
- Magic Fall to Warriors at Winter Showcase - Lakeland Magic
- Eight Man Charge Fall in First Showcase Game - Cleveland Charge
- Jemerrio Jones Earns NBA Call-Up with Los Angeles Lakers - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Birmingham Squadron Stories
- New Orleans Pelicans to Host Preseason Game in Birmingham
- Birmingham Squadron to Host 2022 NBA Draft Party at Avondale Brewing Company
- Birmingham Squadron Announces Six Priority Dates for 2022-23 Season
- Squadron Guard Jared Harper Earns All-NBA G League Third Team Honors
- Squadron Concludes Inaugural Season with Loss in Western Conference Quarterfinals