Jemerrio Jones Earns NBA Call-Up with Los Angeles Lakers
OSHKOSH, Wis. -â¯The Los Angeles Lakers announced today they have signed Wisconsin Herd forward, Jemerrio Jones to a 10-day hardship contract.â¯Jones played six games for the Lakers in the 2018-19 season.
Jemerrio Jones has appeared in 11 games for the Wisconsin Herd this season and is currently averaging 6.5 points per game, 8.3 rebounds per game, 3.9 assists per game and 1.5 steals per game. He averages 25.7 minutes per game while shooting 46.7% from field goal range and 33.3% from the free-throw line.
Jones holds the all-time record for Wisconsin Herd with 195 total offensive rebounds. He has a career-high of 21 rebounds in one game.
Jones started his career with the South Bay Lakers appearing in 47 games averaging 9.4 points and 9.6 rebounds. In March of 2019, Jones was signed by the Los Angeles Lakers. He appeared in six games averaging 4.5 points and 8.2 rebounds.
Jones was traded to the Wisconsin Herd for the 2019-20 season. For the Herd, he appeared in 42 games and averaged 10.8 points, 12.0 rebounds and 4.6 assists and was named All-NBA G League Third Team.
In the 2020-21 season, Jones played with the Delaware Blue Coats in the G League Bubble. Jones played in 12 games averaging 6.1 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
A hardship contract is a temporary roster spot that allows teams to add more players beyond their roster limit. Teams are allowed to do this when they have experienced multiple players being out due to injury or illness.
The Wisconsin Herd will return to action at home on Monday, December 27th when they take on the Long Island Nets with tip-off set for 7:00 p.m. CST.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 22, 2021
- Sacramento Kings Sign Ade Murkey to 10-Day Contract - Stockton Kings
- Stockton Kings Hold off Cleveland Charge in Final NBA G League Winter Showcase Game - Stockton Kings
- Stars Roll Past Magic, Finish Showcase 2-0 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Nets Unable to Hold off Clippers at 2021 NBA G League Winter Showcase - Long Island Nets
- Iowa Wolves Close Winter Show Case with 113-101 Win over Greensboro - Iowa Wolves
- Miami Heat Sign Squadron Forward Zylan Cheatham - Birmingham Squadron
- Legends Fall Short in Reach for Skyhawks - Texas Legends
- Blue Drop Vipers in OT Thriller to Advance in Showcase Cup - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Advances to Showcase Cup Championship Game - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mavericks Call up Agua Caliente Wing George King - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Hawks Call-Up Squadron Forward Malcolm Hill - Birmingham Squadron
- Tre Scott Gets NBA Call-Up from Cleveland Cavaliers - Cleveland Charge
- Knicks Close out Showcase on High Note; Top Capitanes by 10 - Westchester Knicks
- Force Completes Comeback, Defeats Kings 91-87 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stars Deadly from Deep, Cruise Past Charge - Salt Lake City Stars
- Magic Fall to Warriors at Winter Showcase - Lakeland Magic
- Eight Man Charge Fall in First Showcase Game - Cleveland Charge
- Jemerrio Jones Earns NBA Call-Up with Los Angeles Lakers - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Wisconsin Herd and 4imprint "Swishes for Wishes" Initiative Donates $2,870 During the 2021-22 Season
- Wisconsin Herd Signs Lease Extension with Oshkosh Arena
- The Herd Gives Back to the Community
- Wisconsin Herd Announces Initial Six Home Dates for Fifth Anniversary Season
- Wisconsin Herd Raises over $12,000 for Local Charities