Iowa Wolves Close Winter Show Case with 113-101 Win over Greensboro
LAS VEGAS - The Iowa Wolves completed its time at the 2021 AT&T G League Winter Show Case with a 113-101 victory over the Greensboro Swarm on Wednesday afternoon at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Iowa (7-7), which had just eight players dressed for the second-straight game in Vegas, had six reach double figure points and a seventh, Canyon Barry, just missed as Barry finished with eight points. Brandon Sampson scored a game-high 22 points off the bench.
Three Wolves, Brian Bowen II, Vincent Edwards and Jordy Tshimanga recorded double-doubles. Bowen had 19 points and 14 rebounds while Edwards and Tshimanga tallied 14 and 13 points, respectively, and each pulled down 10 rebounds.
Trailing by one point at halftime after being down 12 after one quarter, Tshimanga's three-point play out of halftime gave Iowa its first lead of the game at 56-54. The Wolves kept the momentum going taking an 88-79 lead into the fourth quarter.
The Swarm pulled within three points in the fourth before Iowa answered with an 11-0 run. Later, Greensboro (3-11) made one final late push getting within five points with just under two minutes to play but Matt Lewis made a tough putback off Bowen's miss and Sampson buried a deep three that gave the Wolves a 10-point lead with less than one minute left.
Isaiah Miller scored 21 points and tallied six rebounds and six assists. Lewis was the other player in double figures as he had 13 points. Tshimanga helped Iowa dominate inside and, in the paint, as he pulled down seven offensive rebounds and helped the Wolves outrebound the Swarm, 52-39. Iowa finished at 45.2 percent from the floor and had a 13-of-14 team shooting performance at the free throw line.
Iowa starts the regular season on Dec. 28 at Wells Fargo Arena against the Stockton Kings. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 22, 2021
- Sacramento Kings Sign Ade Murkey to 10-Day Contract - Stockton Kings
- Stockton Kings Hold off Cleveland Charge in Final NBA G League Winter Showcase Game - Stockton Kings
- Stars Roll Past Magic, Finish Showcase 2-0 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Nets Unable to Hold off Clippers at 2021 NBA G League Winter Showcase - Long Island Nets
- Iowa Wolves Close Winter Show Case with 113-101 Win over Greensboro - Iowa Wolves
- Miami Heat Sign Squadron Forward Zylan Cheatham - Birmingham Squadron
- Legends Fall Short in Reach for Skyhawks - Texas Legends
- Blue Drop Vipers in OT Thriller to Advance in Showcase Cup - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Advances to Showcase Cup Championship Game - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mavericks Call up Agua Caliente Wing George King - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Hawks Call-Up Squadron Forward Malcolm Hill - Birmingham Squadron
- Tre Scott Gets NBA Call-Up from Cleveland Cavaliers - Cleveland Charge
- Knicks Close out Showcase on High Note; Top Capitanes by 10 - Westchester Knicks
- Force Completes Comeback, Defeats Kings 91-87 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stars Deadly from Deep, Cruise Past Charge - Salt Lake City Stars
- Magic Fall to Warriors at Winter Showcase - Lakeland Magic
- Eight Man Charge Fall in First Showcase Game - Cleveland Charge
- Jemerrio Jones Earns NBA Call-Up with Los Angeles Lakers - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves, YMcA of Greater Des Moines Partner for John R. Grubb Teen Center Project
- Iowa Wolves Announce Guaranteed Home Dates for 2022-23
- Iowa Wolves Close Season with 124-114 Win over Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Wolves Keep Playoff Hopes Alive with 111-106 Win over Oklahoma City
- Iowa Wolves Drop Home Game to Birmingham Squadron, 114-106