Legends Fall Short in Reach for Skyhawks
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (8-6) felt the effects of a limited roster, falling 89-141 to the College Park Skyhawks (5-9) in their final Winter Showcase game.
The Skyhawks took off early but saw a 10-4 advantage erased with seven unanswered points from Texas. The Legends' lead wouldn't last long as Cat Barber found his first three of the night to start a 12-0 streak for College Park. The Skyhawks controlled the remainder of the game, shooting 58% outside and dominating the boards 61-34.
Brandon Fields led Texas' efforts with 18 points, 6 rebounds, and 7 assists while Isaiah Brown came off the bench for a career-high 17 points, 3 assists. Olin Carter III added 16 points, 3 steals, and 2 blocks, and Loudon Love filled his line with 6 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocks.
College Park had eight of nine active players finish in double figures led by Justin Tillman with 24 points, 15 rebounds. Barber grabbed a triple-double with 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists, and Johnny Hamilton added another double-double coming off the bench for 18 points, 16 rebounds.
Texas will have a break before heading to Austin for their first games of the regular season. They will face the Spurs Tuesday, Dec. 28th and Thursday, Dec. 30th at 7:30pm in Cedar Park. Fans can catch all the action live at www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 22, 2021
- Sacramento Kings Sign Ade Murkey to 10-Day Contract - Stockton Kings
- Stockton Kings Hold off Cleveland Charge in Final NBA G League Winter Showcase Game - Stockton Kings
- Stars Roll Past Magic, Finish Showcase 2-0 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Nets Unable to Hold off Clippers at 2021 NBA G League Winter Showcase - Long Island Nets
- Iowa Wolves Close Winter Show Case with 113-101 Win over Greensboro - Iowa Wolves
- Miami Heat Sign Squadron Forward Zylan Cheatham - Birmingham Squadron
- Legends Fall Short in Reach for Skyhawks - Texas Legends
- Blue Drop Vipers in OT Thriller to Advance in Showcase Cup - Oklahoma City Blue
- Blue Advances to Showcase Cup Championship Game - Oklahoma City Blue
- Mavericks Call up Agua Caliente Wing George King - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Hawks Call-Up Squadron Forward Malcolm Hill - Birmingham Squadron
- Tre Scott Gets NBA Call-Up from Cleveland Cavaliers - Cleveland Charge
- Knicks Close out Showcase on High Note; Top Capitanes by 10 - Westchester Knicks
- Force Completes Comeback, Defeats Kings 91-87 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stars Deadly from Deep, Cruise Past Charge - Salt Lake City Stars
- Magic Fall to Warriors at Winter Showcase - Lakeland Magic
- Eight Man Charge Fall in First Showcase Game - Cleveland Charge
- Jemerrio Jones Earns NBA Call-Up with Los Angeles Lakers - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.