McIntyre named Tigers minor league player of the month
COMSTOCK PARK, MI - The Detroit Tigers today named Whitecaps infielder Nick McIntyre minor league player of the month. McIntyre is the first Whitecap to receive this honor this season.
McIntyre batted .409 in 26 games for the Whitecaps during June, scoring 16 runs and collecting eight doubles, a home run and 11 RBIs. McIntyre had a .375 average and nine runs scored during the 16-game hitting streak starting June 5 and going through June 24.
McIntyre is currently fourth in the league in hitting and leading the Whitecaps with a .332 average for the season. McIntyre also has four home runs, 24 RBIs, and 9 stolen bases.
The Whitecaps are currently on the road and will be traveling to Clinton to play the LumberKings July 8. The next homestand for the Whitecaps will be Wednesday, July 13, Thursday, July 14, and Friday, July 15 all starting at 7:00pm.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 7, 2005
- Beloit builds big lead and hold on to beat Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Webb, Cougars blank Chiefs for another victory - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs lose 4-0, drop fourth straight - Peoria Chiefs
- Lansing takes three of four from Dragons with 6-1 win in series finale - Dayton Dragons
- Rich Hill to start for Chiefs on Friday July 8 - Peoria Chiefs
- Beloit Snappers notebook - Beloit Snappers
- Whitecaps rally to beat Swing - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Torres wins first, Toussaint powers Kernels to fifth in a row - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Last minute wins becoming habit - West Michigan Whitecaps
- McIntyre named Tigers minor league player of the month - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Starting rotation takes a hit - Dayton Dragons
- Diamondbacks hand out monthly honors for June - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Lucas Activated, Begins Suspension - Burlington Bees
- Playing dress up - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Fan Fest Coming this Weekend - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings pound Rays, 12-2 - Clinton LumberKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.