Playing dress up
South Bend, IN - The South Bend Silver Hawks are giving all fans in the Michiana area a chance to do something many of the players on this season's team have done a lot of...take their swings in The Cove. "Crack At The Cove" is the brainchild of several South Bend Silver Hawks interns who are putting the skills they have acquired during their internships as well as what they have learned in the classroom into practice Friday when the Hawks play host to the Fort Wayne Wizards.
After the Hawks and Wizards finish their contest, fans will be able to take the field and for $1 per swing or a maximum of 6 swings for $5 attempt to go yard at one of the toughest ballparks in the Midwest League.
"Crack At The Cove" is a part of Little Big League Night. Fans of all ages can purchase tickets in the box seat area for $3 and reserved seat section for $2 if they show up at the box office with their favorite team jersey or hat. Little leaguers will receive the same price if they don their uniform to the Friday night game.
The Silver Hawks complete their four game road trip to Burlington before returning to The Cove Friday night to open a four game homestand and seven game series against the Fort Wayne Wizards. Friday's at The Cove are South Bend Tribune 5 for $5.00 Friday with Newstalk 960AM. Newstalk 960 will have a live remote from the Budweiser Bullpen Bar & Grille. Fans can listen to win tickets, food and more! Also, fans can bring the coupon from the South Bend Tribune and for $5.00 will receive 1 reserved seat ticket, 1 hot dog, 1 Pepsi product, 1 snack and a game program. Game time is scheduled for 7 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 7, 2005
- Beloit builds big lead and hold on to beat Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Webb, Cougars blank Chiefs for another victory - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs lose 4-0, drop fourth straight - Peoria Chiefs
- Lansing takes three of four from Dragons with 6-1 win in series finale - Dayton Dragons
- Rich Hill to start for Chiefs on Friday July 8 - Peoria Chiefs
- Beloit Snappers notebook - Beloit Snappers
- Whitecaps rally to beat Swing - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Torres wins first, Toussaint powers Kernels to fifth in a row - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Last minute wins becoming habit - West Michigan Whitecaps
- McIntyre named Tigers minor league player of the month - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Starting rotation takes a hit - Dayton Dragons
- Diamondbacks hand out monthly honors for June - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Lucas Activated, Begins Suspension - Burlington Bees
- Playing dress up - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Fan Fest Coming this Weekend - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings pound Rays, 12-2 - Clinton LumberKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bend Silver Hawks Stories
- Silver Hawks Set New Single Season Attendance Record
- Hot Rods Lap Hawks in Fast and Furious Sixth Inning
- Hawks Hold Back Tempest, Calm Whitecaps 5-3
- Silver Hawks' Players Named as 2014 Midwest League Post Season All-Stars
- Hawks Top 'Caps on Williams' Walk-Off Blast