Beloit Snappers notebook
The Snappers are back at home and ready to take the field for an exciting, fun-filled four game series against the Burlington Bees. Snapper's action kicks off Friday, July 8th at 7:00 pm with a 64 oz beverage pitcher giveaway. The gates open at 6:00 pm and the first 500 fans into the park will receive a free Snappers beverage pitcher! Fans can take their souvenir pitcher to the concession stand that night only for special drink offers. Pitcher of Miller Lite, MGD and MGD Lite are $9 and pitchers of fountain soda are $5 all night.
Make sure to dig through your closet and find your old stone washed jeans and hyper color t-shirts to help the Snappers revisit the 80's on Saturday Night, July 9th. Saturday is also Woodman's Market Macaroni & Cheese Noisemaker Night. Fans bringing a box of Mac & cheese will receive a dollar off admission. Snappers fans that stop by Woodman's and pick up a box of Shur Fine Mac & Cheese will be eligible for a season long drawing for a Snappers prize pack. Be sure to stick around for the Wolter Pools Ring Toss Game following the game, where one fan will have a chance to win a hot tub from Wolter Pools. The night will be capped off with a spectacular Fireworks show sponsored by Econo Lodge.
On Sunday, July 10 the Snappers invite fans to come out for Cancer Awareness Day. The first 500 fans through the gates will receive a LiveStrong Bracelet. Game time is set for 2:00 pm on Sunday. Be sure to bring the kids out as Sunday is Kids Eat Free Day. All kids in attendance will receive a voucher good for a free hot dog and soda with the purchase of a regular price kid's ticket. After the game, kids can stick around and run the bases with Snappy.
The Snappers wrap up their series with Burlington on Monday Night at 7:00 pm. Monday All-You-Can-Eat Night #3 at Pohlman Field. Adults can purchase tickets for $12 and kids can purchase tickets for $10. With the purchase of a ticket fans can eat all the hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, popcorn, peanuts and Pepsi from the time the gates open until the game ends. Monday is also Must Win Miller Monday. If the Snappers don't win everyone in attendance will receive a complimentary general admission ticket to the Wednesday, August 3rd game. Be sure to take advantage of the $.99 12 oz drafts of Miller products courtesy of WJVL and Ott-Schweitzer.
Snapper Fans can look forward to an action packed four-game home set against the Bee's July 8-11. Fans should also be sure to cheer on Snappy as he races the Klement's Racing Sausages on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. For tickets of additional information on Snappers Baseball please call (608) 362-2272, or stop by the office located 2301 Skyline Drive in Beloit.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 7, 2005
- Beloit builds big lead and hold on to beat Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Webb, Cougars blank Chiefs for another victory - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs lose 4-0, drop fourth straight - Peoria Chiefs
- Lansing takes three of four from Dragons with 6-1 win in series finale - Dayton Dragons
- Rich Hill to start for Chiefs on Friday July 8 - Peoria Chiefs
- Beloit Snappers notebook - Beloit Snappers
- Whitecaps rally to beat Swing - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Torres wins first, Toussaint powers Kernels to fifth in a row - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Last minute wins becoming habit - West Michigan Whitecaps
- McIntyre named Tigers minor league player of the month - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Starting rotation takes a hit - Dayton Dragons
- Diamondbacks hand out monthly honors for June - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Lucas Activated, Begins Suspension - Burlington Bees
- Playing dress up - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Fan Fest Coming this Weekend - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings pound Rays, 12-2 - Clinton LumberKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Beloit Snappers Stories
- Plan for Downtown Beloit Stadium Development Announced Along with New Ownership
- Future Stars, Baseball, and New Promotions Highlight Snappers Fun-Filled 2019 Season
- Snappers Drop Final Game Of 2019 Season
- 4-Run Third Inning Cost Snappers in 5-1 Loss
- Beloit Loses Close Game 3-1