Fan Fest Coming this Weekend
DAYTON, OH --- The Dayton Dragons, in partnering with Newspapers in Education, will be hosting the Annual Fan Fest on Saturday, July 9th, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Fifth Third Field. This event provides fans with the chance to hang out with the Dayton Dragons players, collect autographs and photos, participate in skills stations, play on inflatable games, run the bases, and interact with Dragons mascots Heater and Gem.
All proceeds from Fan Fest will benefit "Newspapers In Education" - the non-profit educational arm of Cox Ohio Publishing - that strives to improve literacy amongst school children via the use of the newspaper.
The Dragons will open up the gates to Fifth Third Field at 10:00 a.m. for a day full of fun, food, autographs, games, and a free souvenir for all who attend. From 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Dragons players will be at different interactive stations along the concourse and on the field. The players will then sign autographs from 11:30 until 12:30.
Other activities at the 2005 Fan Fest will include:
- Throwing stations
- Hitting stations
- Obstacle Course
- Bounce House
- Speed Pitch
- Running the Bases
Tickets for the 2005 Fan Fest are currently on sale at the Dragons Fifth Third Field Box Office, and can be purchased prior to and on the day of the event. Adult tickets are on sale for $10, with children under 12 for $7, and children under 2 admitted for free. All fans who purchase a ticket will receive a complimentary soda, hot dog, team poster, and Dragons hat. Concession stands and the Dragons Den will be also open for fans to purchase additional food, beverages and souvenirs.
For additional information, please find the Dayton Dragons online at "www.daytondragons.com" or call the Dragons offices at 228-BATS (2287).
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 7, 2005
- Beloit builds big lead and hold on to beat Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Webb, Cougars blank Chiefs for another victory - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs lose 4-0, drop fourth straight - Peoria Chiefs
- Lansing takes three of four from Dragons with 6-1 win in series finale - Dayton Dragons
- Rich Hill to start for Chiefs on Friday July 8 - Peoria Chiefs
- Beloit Snappers notebook - Beloit Snappers
- Whitecaps rally to beat Swing - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Torres wins first, Toussaint powers Kernels to fifth in a row - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Last minute wins becoming habit - West Michigan Whitecaps
- McIntyre named Tigers minor league player of the month - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Starting rotation takes a hit - Dayton Dragons
- Diamondbacks hand out monthly honors for June - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Lucas Activated, Begins Suspension - Burlington Bees
- Playing dress up - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Fan Fest Coming this Weekend - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings pound Rays, 12-2 - Clinton LumberKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons to Conduct Auditions for Green Team, Mascot Performers, On-Field Hosts on November 2
- Dragons 2019 Attendance Ranks #9 Among 160 MiLB Teams
- Dragons President Robert Murphy Selected as Ballpark Digest Baseball Executive of the Year
- Dayton Dragons 2019 Season in Review
- Dragons Notch Walk-Off Win in Season Finale