McDonald Reassigned to Kansas City
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Goalie Mason McDonald has been reassigned to Kansas City from AHL Stockton, announced Monday by the Mavericks' AHL affiliate and the NHL's Calgary Flames.
McDonald, 21, was the second-round pick of the Flames in the 2014 NHL Draft. This season, he has a 10-12-0-1 record with the Mavericks including a 3.22 GAA and .892 SVP.
McDonald was reassigned to Stockton on Feb. 12 and immediately found the win column, starting his stint with the Heat with wins in his first three games played. McDonald played in four total games with the Heat, posting a 3.48 GAA and .875 SVP.
The Halifax, Nova Scotia native is in his second full professional season. McDonald had also represented Canada at World Juniors in the 2015-16 season and was on a bronze medal-winning Canadian U-18 team in 2013-14.
The Mavericks return to action on Tuesday as they host the Wichita Thunder at 7:05 p.m. in the final game of the Independence Cup series for the season. Tickets for the game are still on sale.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 19, 2018
- Whitney's Big Night Propels Stingrays Past Atlanta - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Manages Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Join Your Orlando Solar Bears at the 2018 Walk to Defeat ALS - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Final Stretch Begins with Three-Game Stretch in Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - March 19 - ECHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- McDonald Reassigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals' Four-Game Home Stand Starts this Weekend - Reading Royals
- Sparks Returns from Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- 18th Annual Wheelchair Hockey Game Set for March 31st - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Weekly Report - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets' Trip East Yields Three Points - Fort Wayne Komets
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop Weekly: Week 23 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - South Carolina Stingrays
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Americans Finish Road Trip 4-1-1, Lose in Overtime to Colorado - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Unveil New Ticketing Options for 2018-19 Season
- Mavs Add Youth to Blue Line with Beauvais, Klimek
- Mavericks Announce 2018-19 Promotional Schedule
- Former Teammates Watson, Eick Sign with Mavericks for 2018-19 Season
- Mavs Fan Fest Scheduled for September 15