Final Stretch Begins with Three-Game Stretch in Florida
Norfolk, VA.- The Admirals hit the road for a three-game set with the Florida Everblades as the Admirals continue their push for the playoffs with seven games left in the regular season.
Friday, March 16 vs. Greenville, W, 6-3
Saturday, March 17 vs. Greenville, W, 5-2
Sunday, March 18 vs. Jacksonville, L, 1-4
Wednesday, March 21 at Florida, 7:30 pm
Friday, March 23 at Florida, 7:30 pm
Saturday, March 24 at Florida, 7:30 pm
St. Hatrick's Auction A Success:
On Saturday night the Admirals hosted the annual St. Hatrick's game presented by Papco featuring green ice and green jerseys. After topping the Swamp Rabbits in front of a crowd of 7,000 plus the Admirals had their jerseys auctioned off, with all the revenue from the jersey auction going to MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association). Over $14,00 was raised for MDA once the jersey auction had ended, and all the jerseys been sold.
The Admirals play their final three games against South Division opponents this week as the travel to Estero to take on the Florida Everblades for three games in four days. It will be the second time the Admirals have played a three-game set with the Everblades, the first coming in November. Norfolk currently sits five points back from Atlanta with seven games left in the regular season.
With seven games left in the regular season the Admirals are currently five points back from fourth place Atlanta. Florida and South Carolina have each clinched a playoff spot while Orlando needs just four points to clinch a spot. Atlanta, Norfolk, and Jacksonville are seemingly in a three-way race for the fourth and final playoff spot in the South Division.
The upcoming weeks games will be the final time this season that the Admirals will play consecutive road games. With only four road games remaining the Admirals will return home to conclude the home portion of the schedule before finishing the regular season in Reading against the Royals.
Strong in the South:
Heading into their final three games in the South Division the Admirals will finish the regular season with a record over.500 against the Division no matter what happens during the three games against the Everblades. Currently the Admirals have the third best win percentage against the division, behind only Florida and South Carolina. In 38 games in the division the Admirals are 19-14-4-1. In comparison the Admirals are 2-3-0-0 against the Mountain Division, while going 4-16-2-0 against the North Division.
Recording Their Firsts:
Over the weekend the Admirals had a pair of players record their first pro goals, while another netted his first pro point. TJ Moore, who made his professional debut on Friday, netted his first pro goal in the win on Saturday. Defenseman Romain Chuard also picked up his first goal on Saturday night as well.
On Friday night defenseman Zane Schartz, playing in his pro debut on Friday, netted his first professional point with an assist on Christian Horn's first period goal.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 19, 2018
- Whitney's Big Night Propels Stingrays Past Atlanta - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Manages Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Join Your Orlando Solar Bears at the 2018 Walk to Defeat ALS - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Final Stretch Begins with Three-Game Stretch in Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - March 19 - ECHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- McDonald Reassigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals' Four-Game Home Stand Starts this Weekend - Reading Royals
- Sparks Returns from Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- 18th Annual Wheelchair Hockey Game Set for March 31st - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Weekly Report - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets' Trip East Yields Three Points - Fort Wayne Komets
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop Weekly: Week 23 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - South Carolina Stingrays
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Americans Finish Road Trip 4-1-1, Lose in Overtime to Colorado - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.