Steelheads Weekly Report
Boise, ID - Following back-to-back shutout wins on the road in Charleston, the Steelheads return to CenturyLink Arena this week to launch their final home stand of the regular season. That five-game home stand begins with three games this week against the Rapid City Rush. The Rush make just their second visit of the season to Boise, as the teams hit the ice on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday night.
Player Notes: - G Tomas Sholl earned consecutive shutouts on Thursday and Friday in South Carolina. Sholl has not surrendered a goal in 152:24 of play.
- F Steve McParland has six goals and eight points in his last ten games.
- McParland is two goals shy of becoming the tenth Steelhead in the ECHL era to reach the 30-goal plateau.
- F Brady Brassart has four goals and ten points in his last nine contests.
- F Jack Nevins scored his first goal as a Steelhead and recorded his first fighting major on Thursday in South Carolina.
- The Steelhead earned back-to-back shutouts for the first time since recording three straight shutouts from April 1st to April 7th, 2017.
- Idaho's magic number to clinch a playoff berth is five points, gained by Idaho or lost by Tulsa.
- The Steelheads have accumulated 1,261 penalty minutes, second-most in the ECHL
- Idaho's 41 points on the road are tied for fourth-most in the ECHL this season.
- The Steelheads are 6-2-1 in their last nine.
- Idaho is 8-2-0 against Rapid City this season, with only one of those games played on home ice.
- The Steelheads have outshot opponents in third periods this season by a margin of 221.
- Idaho is the only team ranked in the top-5 in shots-for and shots-against per game.
- The Scott Slant - 3/19, KTVB
- Pepsi Puck Giveaway - 3/23
- Marvel Super Hero Night- 3/24
Season to date: 37-20-7
Record this week: 2-1-0
3/13- Atlanta 4, Steelheads 2 @ Infinite Energy Arena
3/15- Steelheads 3, South Carolina 0 @ North Charleston Coliseum
3/16- Steelheads 1, South Carolina 0 @ North Charleston Coliseum
Season to date: 37-20-7
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 19, 2018
- Whitney's Big Night Propels Stingrays Past Atlanta - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Manages Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Join Your Orlando Solar Bears at the 2018 Walk to Defeat ALS - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Final Stretch Begins with Three-Game Stretch in Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - March 19 - ECHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- McDonald Reassigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals' Four-Game Home Stand Starts this Weekend - Reading Royals
- Sparks Returns from Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- 18th Annual Wheelchair Hockey Game Set for March 31st - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Weekly Report - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets' Trip East Yields Three Points - Fort Wayne Komets
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop Weekly: Week 23 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - South Carolina Stingrays
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Americans Finish Road Trip 4-1-1, Lose in Overtime to Colorado - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.