Join Your Orlando Solar Bears at the 2018 Walk to Defeat ALS
The Orlando Solar Bears are pleased to announce their participation and support of the Walk to Defeat ALS on Saturday, March 24 at Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando. Members of the Solar Bears front office and SHADES will be walking and fundraising.
Often referred to as Lou Gehrig's Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive, fatal neuromuscular disease that slowly robs the body of its ability to walk, speak, swallow and breathe. The life expectancy of an ALS patient averages 2 to 5 years from the time of diagnosis.
Every 90 minutes a person in this country is diagnosed with ALS and every 90 minutes another person will lose their battle against this disease. ALS occurs throughout the world with no racial, ethnic or socioeconomic boundaries.
This crippling disease can strike anyone. Presently there is no known cause of the disease yet it still costs loved ones an average of $200,000 a year to provide the care ALS patients need. Help make a difference and donate or join the walk today!
Festivities begin at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 24, at Lake Eola, 512 E Washington St, Orlando, FL 32801. Walk Check-In is scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m. and Walk to Defeat ALS starts at 11 a.m.
WE HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US!
It only takes two easy steps!
1) Click on the link below to visit our web page.
2) Click the "Join Team" button and follow the prompts to register.
To join the Solar Bears team, register under Team Shades.
Once you've joined the team, we'll need your help to reach our team fundraising goal. Don't worry - fundraising is easy! The ALS Association provides all the tools, including your personal fundraising page.
Each individual who joins our team and helps us fund-raise will qualify for the following incentives:
Fans that walk with us on March 24 and raise $25 or more online will receive one (1) complimentary ticket to the Solar Bears game on March 31 vs. Greenville.
Fans that walk with us on March 24 and raise $100 or more online will receive two (2) complimentary Gold Seat tickets to the Solar Bears game on March 31 vs. Greenville.
Thank you, in advance, for your donation and support. We look forward to walking with you on Saturday, March 24. If you have any questions, please contact Caroline Brinson at (407) 951-8200.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 19, 2018
- Whitney's Big Night Propels Stingrays Past Atlanta - South Carolina Stingrays
- Atlanta Manages Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Join Your Orlando Solar Bears at the 2018 Walk to Defeat ALS - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Final Stretch Begins with Three-Game Stretch in Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - March 19 - ECHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- McDonald Reassigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals' Four-Game Home Stand Starts this Weekend - Reading Royals
- Sparks Returns from Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- 18th Annual Wheelchair Hockey Game Set for March 31st - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Weekly Report - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets' Trip East Yields Three Points - Fort Wayne Komets
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop Weekly: Week 23 - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Monday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - South Carolina Stingrays
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Americans Finish Road Trip 4-1-1, Lose in Overtime to Colorado - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- PHPA and ECHL Announce COVID-19 Relief Fund for ECHL Players
- Clint Windsor Signed by Syracuse Crunch
- Orlando Solar Bears Statement on Cancellation of 2019-20 ECHL Season
- Orlando Solar Bears Statement on ECHL Suspending Season
- LeBlanc Lifts Solar Bears to 3-1 Win over Stingrays