Mavericks Triple up Tulsa
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Six different Mavericks scored goals on Sunday afternoon in Missouri's 6-3 victory at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena over the Tulsa Oilers. The win was the Mavericks' fourth straight over Tulsa and improved their record to 27-23-2-5 on the season.
The Mavericks opened the game by building a healthy shot advantage over the Oilers. Tulsa goalie P.J. Musico kept the game scoreless through much of the early barrage, but Radoslav Illo broke through at 8:19 and gave Missouri the lead with his ninth goal of the season. An Eric Drapluk power play goal, however, evened the score for Tulsa less than two minutes later.
Kevin Tansey restored Missouri's lead, and extended his goal streak to four games, with a power play goal of his own at 12:36 of the first. His 12th of the season came on a shot from the point that beat Musico low to the glove side. Tulsa did not let Missouri carry the advantage into the first intermission, however, as Danick Paquette evened the game again, this time at two, with a rebound goal against Stephon Williams with 2:14 remaining in the opening frame.
Missouri took control of the game with a two-goal second period. Darren Nowick led a 2-on-1 rush after a steal at the point and fed a no-look pass to Dan Correale on the right wing. Correale slammed home his 10th of the season for a 3-2 lead. Correale and Tansey then set up Dane Fox's power play goal at 19:03. The tally was Fox's team-leading 25th of the season and turned out to be the game winner.
The Mavericks did not take their foot off the pedal in the third, as Reed Seckel scored 2:11 into the period to push the score to 5-2. Jacob Doty had the lone assist on Seckel's sixth of the season. Tulsa pushed back in the latter half of the period, but only closed the gap to two. Dylan Hubbs scored Tulsa's lone third-period goal with a wrist shot that beat Williams high to the blocker side.
Tulsa pulled Musico with over three minutes to play in an effort to erase the two-goal deficit. The Mavericks, though, kept the Oilers' attack at bay and Shawn Pauly scored into the empty net with six seconds to play to set the final score.
Williams made 20 saves in the win for the Mavericks, and earned his second victory of the season. Missouri went 2-for-6 on the power play and 3-for-4 on the penalty kill.
Mark your calendar! The Mavericks are back in action on home ice Friday, March 10 at 7:35 p.m. to face the Allen Americans! The Mavericks are offering a Friday Four Pack which features four tickets and four hot dogs starting at $88, and are available for purchase on Ticketmaster. Groups of 15 or more are eligible for discounted tickets and preferred seating based on availability. Call the Mavericks at 816-252-7825 to book your group outing .
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 5, 2017
- Royals Close out Weekend with Close Win over Norfolk, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Mavericks Triple up Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Pacan Nets Goal #34 as Beast Drop Nailbiter to Walleye - Brampton Beast
- Komets Edge Nailers, 2-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Goaltenders Shine as Dekanich's Royals Hold off Anderson's Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Mavericks Defeat Oilers in Missouri - Tulsa Oilers
- Taylor Sets Franchise ECHL Points Record During Thumping - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - March 5 - ECHL
- Faille Fiesta Powers Solar Bears to 5-3 Win over Greenville - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers at Komets Game Day Snap Shot, March 5 - Wheeling Nailers
- Oilers Hold off Late Thunder Rally - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Game Preview - March 5 vs. Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Notes: Reading Royals V Norfolk Admirals - Reading Royals
- Martin, Grizzlies Hold off Aces 5-4 Saturday - Alaska Aces
- STEELHEADS: Rapid City Sweep - Steelheads Finish Road Trip 7-1-0 - Idaho Steelheads
- Idaho Takes Win with Controversy - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Raise $53,233 for Chelbi Holt, but Fall to Stingrays 4-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays End Eagles' Streak with 4-1 Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gagne, Owsley Propel Wichita to Shootout Win vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Claim Dramatic Overtime Win against Manchester, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Mallards Roll Past Fuel 6-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Recap: Rumpel Stellar Again as Cyclones Sweep Thunder - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mallards Score Six Straight to Topple Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Peters Perfect as Everblades Shutout Gladiators 4-0 - Florida Everblades
- GAME REPORT: Thunder Top Oilers in Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Drop Second of the Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Elmira Earns Victory in Rough Battle at Scope - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Recap: Wings Heavily Outshoot Walleye But Get Shutout on Road - Kalamazoo Wings
- Komets Come Back to Stun Nailers, 4-3 - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Edge Monarchs in Overtime, 2-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- GAME RECAP: Everblades Shutout Atlanta 4-0 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Walleye Are In - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.