Mavericks Sign Defenseman, Trade For Another
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks Head Coach Scott Hillman announced today the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has signed defenseman Todd Paul and traded defenseman Andrew Davis to the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees for Mike Harr. The Mavericks also placed forward Tommy Lange to the 14-day injured reserve (IR) and Karl Sellan and Bill Vandermeer remain on the 30-day IR.
Paul, 26 (12/25/83), is playing for his sixth CHL club and started the 2009-10 season with the Texas Brahmas. The Aylmer, Quebec native is in his sixth pro season and has 119 points in the CHL on 32 goals and 87 assists in 273 games played. In 11 games this season with the Brahmas, the 5-foot-10, 185-pound defenseman had two assists. Paul also has 24 games of playoff experience in the CHL and has accounted for 11 points on two goals and nine assists. Paul will wear #3 with the Mavericks and is expected to be in the lineup Friday night against the Tulsa Oilers.
"Todd brings experience and much-needed depth to our blue line," said Hillman. "We will look to him to make an immediate impact starting this weekend against the Oilers."
The Mavericks also acquired defenseman Mike Harr from the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees in exchange for defenseman Andrew Davis. Harr, 22 (4/7/87), is in his rookie season after playing four seasons of college hockey at Union College. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound defenseman played 129 games in four seasons at Union College and accumulated 17 points (2-15=17) and 161 penalty minutes. In his rookie season this season, the Norwood, Massachusetts native appeared in 40 games with Rio Grande Valley and had nine points (1-8=9) and 48 penalty minutes.
"Andrew has battled very hard for us," added Hillman. "We are sad to see him go, but believe this is another step to continue to improve the speed and youthfulness of our team. Mike Harr comes from a very solid Division I program and is a reliable defenseman that keeps things simple and takes care of the front of the net. We are excited to bring him on board."
The Mavericks continue their home stand with a pair of games against the Tulsa Oilers this weekend at Independence Events Center. For individual tickets call (866) 443-8849 or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2010
- IceRays Stomp Gorillas 6-2 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bucks Stopped In Shootout 3-2 - Laredo Bucks
- Mudbugs Are At Your Service On February 17 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mavericks Sign Defenseman, Trade For Another - Kansas City Mavericks
- Laredo's Darryl Smith Named Sher-Wood/TPS Central Hockey League Player of the Month - CHL
- Bucks' Smith Earns Player Of The Month Honors - Laredo Bucks
- Rapid City's Danny Battochio Named Sher-Wood/Tps CHL Goaltender Of The Month - Rapid City Rush
- Rapid City's Danny Battochio Named Sher-Wood/TPS Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Bees Make Defensive Swap With Missouri - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Jacks Celebrate Boy Scouts 100th Anniversary - Odessa Jackalopes
- Former Captain Dube Returns To Bucks - Laredo Bucks
- Reaney's Overtime Goal Lifts Rush To 6-5 Victory, First Place - Rapid City Rush
- Sundogs Extend Points Streak To Four Games As Rapid City Earns OT Win, 6-5 - Arizona Sundogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.