Mavericks Send VanWormer and Sherbinin's Rights to Norfolk for Nogard's Rights and Futures
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Kansas City Mavericks Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations John-Scott Dickson announced Friday the club traded the rights to forward Jared VanWormer and defenseman Brayden Sherbinin to the Norfolk Admirals for forward Luke Nogard and future considerations.
Nogard, a six-foot-one, 212-pound forward from Mississauga, Ontario turned in an impressive rookie season for the Admirals last season, scoring 16 goals and assisting on 22 for 38 points with 104 penalty minutes in 65 games. The 25-year old played collegiately for the University of Nebraska-Omaha, posting 23 points on 10 goals and 13 assists in 114 games with the Mavericks. Nogard was the teammate of Mavericks rookie forward Ryan Galt at UNO from 2015-2018.
Vanwormer, a six-foot, 203-pound forward from Traverse City, Michigan, appeared in 53 games for the Mavericks last season, compiling 47 points on 20 goals and 27 assists. He also appeared in eight AHL games with the Stockton Heat, Milwaukee Admirals and Colorado Eagles. In 133 career games with Kansas City, VanWormer put up 90 points on 43 goals and 47 assists. He also tied for the team lead in postseason points in the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs, putting up eight points in seven games on four goals and four assists. The 26-year old was also the Mavericks representative at the 2019 ECHL All-Star Game, in which he scored three goals and added an assist.
Sherbinin, a six-foot-one, 185-pound defenseman from Kelowna, British Columbia, played in 18 games for Kansas City and notched two assists after being acquired in a trade with the Rapid City Rush.
The Kansas City Mavericks begin their 11th season this fall at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in Independence, MO. The 2019-20 home schedule kicks off on Saturday, October 12 as the Mavericks take on the Indy Fuel at 7:05 p.m. For more information, visit kcmavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 30, 2019
- Admirals Acquire VanWormer and Sherbinin from Kansas City - Norfolk Admirals
- Mavericks Send VanWormer and Sherbinin's Rights to Norfolk for Nogard's Rights and Futures - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Acquire J.C. Campagna from Fort Wayne Komets - Norfolk Admirals
- Jake Paterson Returns to Allen After Playing Last Season in Brampton - Allen Americans
- Beast Re-Sign Kelly Cup Champion Vallorani - Brampton Beast
- Greenville Signs Defenseman Brien Diffley - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel Re-Sign Defenseman Alex Brooks - Indy Fuel
- 'Blades Pick up Cam Maclise, Add Size, Skill to Lineup - Florida Everblades
- Royals Acquire Rights to Hodgson, Sign Power Forward to ECHL Deal - Reading Royals
- Thunder Sends Hodgson to Reading - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.