Mavericks' Josh Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month
INDEPENDENCE, MO (Nov. 4, 2015) -- Missouri Mavericks net-minder, Josh Robinson, was announced as the Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month by the league on Wednesday afternoon. Robinson was previously named Goaltender of the Week for the opening week of the 2015-16 ECHL season on Oct. 21st.
PRINCETON, N.J. - Josh Robinson of the Missouri Mavericks is the Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month for October.
The 25-year-old went 4-0-1 with two shutouts, a 0.98 goals-against average and a save percentage of .960 in five appearances during the month as Missouri went 5-2-1 in the opening month of the ECHL season.
Robinson posted two shutouts in his first three appearances of the season, stopping 80 of 81 shots over that stretch. He turned aside all 25 shots he faced in a 3-0 win at Alaska on Oct. 17 in his first start of the season and stopped all 27 shots in a 3-0 victory at Wichita on Oct. 23. Robinson made at least 24 saves and allowed one goal or less in four of his five starts in October.
A native of Frankenmuth, Mich., Robinson leads the ECHL in goals-against average, is second in save percentage and is tied for second in wins.
Robinson has appeared in 85 career ECHL"games with Missouri and Idaho with an overall record of 50-25-8 with seven shutouts, a 2.54 goals-against average and a save percentage of .921. He also has seen action in 15 career games with Texas of the American"Hockey League.
Prior to turning pro, Robinson played four seasons at Michigan Tech University. As a senior, he won 15 games, which were the most wins in a season for a Michigan Tech goaltender since 1992-93.
End League Release
The Mavericks play their next game on the road tonight at 6:35p.m. (CT) against the Quad City Mallards at the iWireless Center in Moline. The Mavs play host to the Wichita Thunder on Saturday, Nov. 7 at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Tickets are available online at TicketMaster.com and in-person at the arena box office.
The Mavs annual Adopt-A-Mav live auction will take place directly after the game on Saturday, Nov. 7th in sections 101 & 102. Adopt-A-Mav families gain access to exclusive events and benefits all season long with the Mavs. All fans are welcome bid the player of their choice for the opportunity to join in on the fun! Visit MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
Fans are encouraged to download the Mavericks new mobile app update for free on their apple and android devices to listen to all the action live on game-day.
Rock and Brews in Overland Park, KS and The Blue Line in downtown Kansas City, MO are the Missouri Mavericks official watch party locations for the 2015-16 ECHL season! Watch your team on the road with your fellow Mavs fans at these locations for every away game this season.
Images from this story
Missouri Mavericks' Goaltender Josh Robinson
(John Howe, Howe Creative Photography)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 4, 2015
- Mavericks Strike Quickly in Overtime to Down Mallards - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Get Chances Late, Ultimately Fall in Shootout - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mallards Fall to Missouri in Overtime - Quad City Mallards
- Shootout Victory for the Walleye in Cincinnati 2-1 - Toledo Walleye
- Nick Mattson Returned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - November 4 - ECHL
- Ben Walker Recalled by Manitoba Moose - Tulsa Oilers
- Rob Bordson Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month for October - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack's Bordson Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Missouri's Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Indy Blanks Evansville 3-0 on Education Day - Evansville IceMen
- Swamp Rabbits Add More Than 200 Games of AHL Experience - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks' Josh Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Answer Wake-Up Call against Evansville - Indy Fuel
- Late Flurry Leads Thunder Past Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Aces Sign Former Stockton Enforcer Hunt - Alaska Aces
- Game Notes: November 4 vs Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Michalek Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's Michalek Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Adjust Home Slate in January - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - November 4 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavs' Win Streak Snapped at Seven
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Thunder Continue Three-Game Set Friday
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge
- Mavericks Clinch Best Start in Team History with Seventh-Straight Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Thunder in Kids Day Game Clash