Aces Sign Former Stockton Enforcer Hunt
ANCHORAGE, AK - The Alaska Aces are pleased to announce the signing of forward Garet Hunt to a contract for the 2015-16 season.
President of Hockey Operations and Head Coach Rob Murray made the announcement Wednesday.
The 28 year old native of Maple Ridge, BC, Canada is a veteran of 441 ECHL games, all with the Stockton Thunder. The 5-9, 190 pound Hunt has scored 64 goals with 95 assists for 159 points. He has amassed over 1,650 penalty minutes in those 441 games. Hunt served as a player/assistant coach last season in Stockton. He was captain of the Thunder the past three seasons.
"Garet is a player fans love to hate and has been a real thorn in the side of the Aces over the years," said Murray. "But the reason we wanted him here is that he's a leader who brings a tremendous amount of energy to the game. He's great in the locker room and that will be good for our young players."
"Garet has not won a Kelly Cup, and is tremendously hungry to do that."
Hunt will wear number 24. Landon Oslanski will now wear number 27.
To make room for Hunt, the player who previously wore number 27, Dylan Hood, has been released. Hood played in 4 games for Alaska this season, did not score, and was a minus 1.
Get your Aces tickets today and join your friends at the game!
The Aces will be back home for games against the Utah Grizzlies November 4, 6 and 7. It will be Military Appreciation Weekend at the Sullivan Arena!
Order your tickets online at alaskaaces.com or stop by the Aces ticket office at 15th and Gambell Monday through Friday 9-5.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 4, 2015
- Mavericks Strike Quickly in Overtime to Down Mallards - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Get Chances Late, Ultimately Fall in Shootout - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mallards Fall to Missouri in Overtime - Quad City Mallards
- Shootout Victory for the Walleye in Cincinnati 2-1 - Toledo Walleye
- Nick Mattson Returned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - November 4 - ECHL
- Ben Walker Recalled by Manitoba Moose - Tulsa Oilers
- Rob Bordson Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month for October - Adirondack Thunder
- Adirondack's Bordson Named CCM ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Missouri's Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Indy Blanks Evansville 3-0 on Education Day - Evansville IceMen
- Swamp Rabbits Add More Than 200 Games of AHL Experience - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks' Josh Robinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Answer Wake-Up Call against Evansville - Indy Fuel
- Late Flurry Leads Thunder Past Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Aces Sign Former Stockton Enforcer Hunt - Alaska Aces
- Game Notes: November 4 vs Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Michalek Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's Michalek Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Adjust Home Slate in January - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - November 4 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.