Mavericks Announce Transactions
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Friday the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has activated forward Kris Hogg. The Mavericks have also placed forward Vern Cooper on team suspension and waived forward Tyler Ruel.
Hogg, 25 (6/17/86), returns from a lower body injury and is expected to play in tonight's contest against the Tulsa Oilers. The Sicamous, British Columbia native last played on December 2 and has missed the last 12 games for the Mavericks. In 17 games played this season, Hogg has seven points on three goals and four assists and a +4 plus/minus rating.
Cooper, 21 (12/30/90), has decided to pursue his academic career and maintain his college eligibility and therefore return home to attend college. Due to those reasons, he has been placed on team suspension by the Mavericks.
Ruel, 25 (2/16/86), has also been waived by the team to stay within the roster regulations set forth by the Central Hockey League.
The Mavericks open up the 2012 portion of their schedule tonight when they host the Tulsa Oilers at Independence Events Center at 7:05 p.m. The Quad City Mallards are at Independence Events Center on Saturday, January 7. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale via Ticketmaster. Call (816) 252-7825 for more information or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2012
- Sundogs Snap Skid with Shootout Win Over Texas, 2-1 - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Earn Point in OT Loss to Rapid City - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Snowden, Mallards Overcome Wichita 5-4 in O.T. - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Lose in OT to Quad City 5-4 - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Win Big on the Road - Laredo Bucks
- Mavs Keep Rolling, 4-3 Over Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bad Bounces Doom Oilers in 4-3 Loss to Mavericks - Tulsa Oilers
- Early Evansville Attack Downs Blaze - Bloomington Blaze
- Gems Battle Back to Win 3-2 Against Komets Friday Night - Dayton Gems
- Rush Add Size & Toughness with Signing of Garrett Gruenke - Rapid City Rush
- Gems Acquire Former CHL Rookie of the Year Nimmo from Arizona - Dayton Gems
- Blaze's Nikiforov Named December CHL Star - Bloomington Blaze
- Arizona Sundogs Trade Nimmo to Dayton - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Announce Transactions - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fort Wayne Komets' Nick Boucher Leads âOakley Three Stars' for December - CHL
- Americans Defenseman Langdon, Replaces King on All Star Roster - Allen Americans
- Robinson Selected to Replace Bourret on All-Star Team - Wichita Thunder
- Allen's Langdon and Wichita's Robinson Named to All-Star Team - CHL
- Bucks Add Blue Liner - Laredo Bucks
- Dayton Gems Gameday - Gems Begin Weekend Series with Komets Tonight - Dayton Gems
- Brahmas Return to Cowtown for Inaugural 'Fort Worth Faceoff' Series - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Shots from the Point for January 6, 2012 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.