Match Preview: New York Concludes Three-Match Homestand on Wednesday
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls (3-4-2, 11 pts) host the Montreal Impact (5-4-2, 17 pts) on Wednesday at Red Bull Arena to wrap-up the three-match homestand. Opening kick is slated for 8 p.m. ET with coverage on MSG, MSG Go and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
Coverage on MSG begins at 7:30 p.m. ET with Honda Red Bulls Game Night. Steve Cangialosi will have the primary play-by-play responsibilities and will be alongside Shep Messing and Michelle Gingras.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 7 p.m. ET with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will have the Spanish play-by-play, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
New York and Montreal will collide for the 18th league meeting and 10th time at Red Bull Arena in MLS play. Both sides have defended their home turf during this series as the Red Bulls are a perfect 9-0-0 at Red Bull Arena in league play, while the Impact are 5-1-2 in Montreal. New York has outscored Montreal, 28-8, at Red Bull Arena with three clean sheets. The Red Bulls have outscored the Impact by multiple goals in five of the last nine league meetings at RBA.
The Red Bulls Academy Products have produced early on in 2019. All three game-winning goals in league play have come from New York Homegrowns, which includes Alex Muyl versus San Jose, Connor Lade against FC Cincinnati and Derrick Etienne, Jr. versus LA Galaxy. New York has used at least two Academy Products in the Starting XI and one substitute off the bench in 11 of the 13 matches across all competitions and have played a total of 3,281 minutes with six goals and three assists.
New York will take a quick trip west to face FC Dallas on Saturday, May 11 at Toyota Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 2 p.m. ET with coverage on Univision and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 7, 2019
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Toronto FC - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Acquires Justin Meram from Columbus Crew SC - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires General Allocation Money and a 2020 MLS SuperDraft Pick in Trade with Atlanta United - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Chicago Fire - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Acquire Midfielder Favio Alvarez - LA Galaxy
- Impact Faces Red Bulls in New Jersey Wednesday Night - Montreal Impact
- FC Dallas Hosts Sevilla FC in the 2019 FC Dallas Summer Classic Presented by Toyota - FC Dallas
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA Sports - Los Angeles FC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Acquires Goalkeeper Kenneth Kronholm - Chicago Fire
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - MLS
- Alan Koch Dismissed as FC Cincinnati's Head Coach - FC Cincinnati
- Match Preview: New York Concludes Three-Match Homestand on Wednesday - New York Red Bulls
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Impactful Moves Headline Close of Primary Transfer Window - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Post-Game Notes: New York Red Bulls 1, Orlando City SC 0
- Match Preview: New York Wraps up Two-Match Road Trip at Orlando
- Red Bulls Drop Mid-Week Road Match at Toronto, 3-1
- Match Preview: New York Travels North for Mid-Week Matchup Versus Toronto
- Red Bulls Complete Comeback, Defeat NYCFC, 2-1