Mariners Add Chase, Wesley from Hartford
PORTLAND, ME - The Mariners will get two key additions to their lineup Sunday afternoon, adding forward Greg Chase and defenseman Josh Wesley from the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack. Chase returns from loan and Wesley is assigned from Hartford for Sunday's game.
Chase is Maine's leading goal scorer, with 22 goals on the season - 20 of which he has scored in a Mariners uniform. Acquired in a December deal with the Allen Americans, Chase has 36 points in 36 games as a Mariner. The Sherwood Park, Alberta native has split his pro career between the AHL and ECHL, and has been loaned to the Wolf Pack twice. With Hartford, the 24-year-old Chase has played in five games with no points and four penalty minutes.
Wesley, a 22-year-old defenseman under contract with the Carolina Hurricanes, has also been up and down between the AHL and ECHL the last three seasons. Drafted by the Hurricanes in round four of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Wesley played nine games with the Charlotte Checkers (AHL) in 2016-17 and 48 games later that season with the ECHL's Florida Everblades. After splitting the next two seasons between the two organizations, Wesley was loaned to Hartford on February 28th, 2019 as part of a trade that sent goaltender Dustin Tokarski from Hartford to Charlotte. In 108 career ECHL games, Wesley has 13 goals and 34 assists.
The Mariners host the Adirondack Thunder this afternoon at the Cross Insurance Arena with a 3:00 PM puck drop. It's a crucial game in the North Division playoff race, with the Mariners currently one point behind Brampton for fourth place and three behind idle Manchester for third. The Thunder can clinch a playoff spot with a win. A screening of D2: The Mighty Ducks will immediately follow today's game on the video board, free for all fans who purchase tickets to the game. Tickets are available at MarinersOfMaine.com or at the Trusted Choice Box Office inside the Cross Insurance Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 31, 2019
- Tulsa Shuts out Utah 6-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Drop Tough Overtime Contest in Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Maul Grizzlies for Weekend Sweep - Tulsa Oilers
- IceMen Clinch Berth in 2019 ECHL Kelly Cup Playoffs - Jacksonville IceMen
- Fitze, Somppi Lead Solar Bears to 5-2 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Orlando Endures in Greenville's Home Finale - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Defeat Glads to Pull Even in Playoff Race - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Blank Wings to Keep Playoff Hopes Alive - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Allows Five Goals in Third Period in 7-4 Loss to the Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Fuel Stumble in Homestand Finale - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Clinch Postseason Berth with Seven-Goal Outburst in Maine - Adirondack Thunder
- Atlanta Falls in South Carolina 4-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cammarata Hat Trick Not Enough as Mariners Fall to Thunder - Maine Mariners
- K-Wings Blanked on Sunday in Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Wrap up Road Trip in Winning Fashion, Take Down Indy 5-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - March 30 - ECHL
- Mariners Add Chase, Wesley from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Nailers vs. Wings Game Day Snap Shot, March 31 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Day: Three-In-Three and Central Division Play Wraps up in Wheeling on Sunday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Rock Thunder - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.