Lynx Lose Late Lead
Ottawa looked to be in control of the game in the late innings, but Syracuse came back with four runs in the ninth and two more in the 12th to take an 8-6 decision.
The loss drops the Lynx record to 55-87 record while Syracuse jumps to 63-80, going into tomorrow afternoon's season finale.
Lynx Player Of The Day: Brennan King had three hits, drove in a pair of runs and scored two of his own to pace the Lynx offence.
Game Recap: The biggest crowd of the season enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather and the first eight innings of the Lynx game against Syracuse. Unfortunately, the ninth inning saw Ottawa relinquish its lead and extra innings brought a Lynx loss. The Lyn opened the scoring in the bottom of the second inning when Brennan King scored on a Gookie Dawkins groundout. The Chiefs tied the game with a run in the third inning and took the lead in the fourth before the Lynx tied it up with a run in the fifth. Joe Thurston cashed Pedro Swann and extended his team-season-high hit streak to 17 games with a bunt single. The Lynx put together a four-run lead on a two-run home run by Matt Padgett in the sixth and a two-run single by Brennan King in the seventh. Syracuse came back with four in the ninth to send the game in extras, where they would win 8-6 in 12 innings.
Next Game: The Lynx and Chiefs close out the 2007 season with a Labour day matinee. First pitch Monday afternoon is set for 1:05 pm.
Probable Pitchers: Monday vs. Syracuse: Lynx RHP Gary Knotts (1-1, 3.46) vs. Syracuse RHP Pat Mahomes (0-1, 6.30)
Fans can venture up to the Upper Deck Sports Bar on the third floor of Lynx Stadium. The Upper Deck features nightly food specials and 30-cent chicken wings available after each Lynx home game!
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 2, 2007
- Bulls announce rotation for playoffs - Durham Bulls
- Bass Gobbles Up Buffalo Lineup - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Eliminated from 2007 Playoff Contention - Buffalo Bisons
- Louisville Rolls To 3-0 Win Over Indianapolis - Indianapolis Indians
- Long Balls Helps Bats Defeat Indians, 3-0 - Louisville Bats
- Toledo Sets New Attendance Record - Toledo Mud Hens
- Grayson Tucker named FasMart Grand Slam Kid of the Year - Gwinnett Stripers
- Braves Lose 6-5 In 11 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bulls clinch South Division - Durham Bulls
- Knights Fall to Bulls - Charlotte Knights
- Lynx Lose Late Lead - Ottawa Lynx
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
- Bruce, Shearn Win Bats Monthly Awards - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Add Pitchers Rundles, Niesel for Must-Win Game Tonight - Buffalo Bisons
- Roberson Gets The Call - Ottawa Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.