Lynx Fall In Season Finale
The Lynx finished the 2007 season on a high note in terms of attendance (7,468) but couldn't send the fans home with a win, falling 8-5 to the Syracuse Chiefs.
The loss drops the Lynx record to 55-89 for the season while Syracuse jumps to 64-80.
Lynx Player Of The Day: Brennan King had four hits in the Lynx loss to Syracuse. He waited for the last game of the season for his first four-hit game of the season.
Game Recap: The Lynx closed out their 15th anniversary season with a an 8-5 loss to Syracuse in front of 7,468 fans--the biggest crowd at a Lynx game since April 16, 2005. Ottawa got off to a great start, scoring twice in the bottom of the first inning on RBIs by Matt Padgett and Gary Burnham. Burnham's RBI was the 84th of his season, one short of the team record, set by Shane Andrews in 1994. Burnham, did, however, pull even with Andrews by playing in his 137th game this season, a record Andrews also set in 1994. Syracuse pulled even with a pair of runs in the fourth inning before the Lynx re-established a lead with a run in the fifth on Gookie Dawkins' sacrifice fly. The Chiefs exploded for six runs in the sixth, earning a lead they would not relinquish. The Lynx narrowed the gap a little in the bottom of the inning on RBIs by Danny Sandoval. The rally would come up short in the end, as the Lynx capped off their 2007 season with an 8-5 defeat.
Fans can venture up to the Upper Deck Sports Bar on the third floor of Lynx Stadium. The Upper Deck features nightly food specials and 30-cent chicken wings available after each Lynx home game!
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 3, 2007
- Bats Use 8-2 Win In Season Finale To Sweep Indians - Indianapolis Indians
- Braves Tune Up For Playoffs With Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Local Kid One Of Three Pitchers Promoted To Pittsburgh - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings Outslug Buffalo - IL1
- Bisons' Francisco Wins IL Batting Title - Buffalo Bisons
- Lynx Fall In Season Finale - Ottawa Lynx
- Bats Finish Strong, Beat Indians 8-2 - Louisville Bats
- Bulls Hold Off Knights in Season Finale - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons' Stanford Becomes Modern Era Strikeout King - Buffalo Bisons
- Lynx Lend Support To Autism Ontario - Ottawa Lynx
- Castro Joins Phillies - Ottawa Lynx
- Votto Named Louisville MVP - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.