Luchuk powers Solar Bears to 5-2 win over Everblades
ORLANDO, Fla. - Tristin Langan scored twice to lead the way as the Orlando Solar Bears (16-10-3-0) earned their third consecutive victory of the week over the Florida Everblades (21-8-0-2) in a 5-2 win on Sunday afternoon at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center.
View today's box score
The Everblades scored on their first shot of the game when Evan Neugold wristed the puck past Clint Windsor just 2:31 into the contest, but the Solar Bears responded with a pair of power-play goals to take the 2-1 lead.
Tristin Langan tied the score with his seventh of the season at 14:50 when he received a pass at the right circle and fired it past Evan Buitenhuis.
Jerry D'Amigo then gave Orlando its first lead of the afternoon with his sixth of the season at 17:52 when Aaron Luchuk prevented the puck from exiting the offensive zone and slid it ahead to D'Amigo, who beat Buitenhuis to the blocker side.
Tad Kozun deflected Nolan Valleau's shot at 8:10 of the third period for his first of the season to give Orlando some breather room, and Langan added his second of the day at 9:17 to extend the lead to 4-1.
Colby Sissons drew Florida back to within two goals at 14:02 with a shot through traffic that beat Windsor, but Jake Coughler capped the day with his team-leading 14th of the season at 18:43 via an empty-net tally.
Windsor picked up the win, his seventh of the season with a 42-for-44 effort; Hildebrand took the loss going 29-of-32.
1) Tristin Langan - ORL
2) Clint Windsor - ORL
3) Tad Kozun - ORL
Orlando is riding a 5-0-1-0 streak, its best stretch without a regulation loss this season
This is the first time that the Solar Bears have won three in a row against the Everblades in a single season since a three-game stretch from Jan. 26-March 4, 2014
Luchuk finished the afternoon two assists to extend his point streak to 11 games (5g-10a); Luchuk is now first in Eastern Conference scoring with 28 points (8g-20a) in 29 games
Mark Auk's assist on D'Amigo's goal extended the defenseman's point streak to six games (1g-7a); he is second in scoring among all ECHL defensemen with 23 points (3g-20a) in 27 combined games with Orlando and Rapid City
Orlando is 16-1-1-0 when scoring three or more goals and 12-0-0-0 when leading after the second period
The Solar Bears improved to 6-8-2-0 in the regular season series with Florida
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears return to action when they host the South Carolina Stingrays at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center on Tuesday, March 9 at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 7, 2021
- Garlent's OT Heroics Give Rush Win and Spire Series - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Outlast Rabbits in Overtime 2-1 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavs Win Fourth Straight with a Shootout Decision over Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Closes Weekend with Shootout Loss to KC - Wichita Thunder
- Luchuk powers Solar Bears to 5-2 win over Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Blades Suffer Fourth Straight Loss - Florida Everblades
- Admirals Announce McIntosh as New CRO - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - March 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Rush, 6:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Sunday Special vs Solar Bears - Florida Everblades
- Rush Answer Back with 2-1 Win over Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rush Power Play and Carlson Force Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
- Comeback Complete on Saturday Night vs. Utah - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Luchuk's late goal saves point for Solar Bears in 4-3 OT loss to Icemen
- Luchuk, LeBlanc lift Solar Bears past Stingrays in wild 7-6 finish
- Clint Windsor Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update
- Ingham makes 44 saves to snap Solar Bears win streak in 5-0 loss